New MPLS section posted - some fixes didn't make it in

Doesn't look like some of the requested fixes for MPLS made it into the latest revision.  I was hoping the minor fixes would be brought in but more importantly a re-write to bring this section up to the great standards of the other ones.

Maybe on the next release INE can work these minor details in.  These are just two that we noted in the forums.

14.1 VRF Lite - the VRFs assigned to interfaces are backwards in the solution and question

14.4 MB-BGP - the route reflector in the solution and question are different routers (r4 vs r6)

But more importantly what would be great is to have a topology diagram to work off of and the lab written so that we aren't guessing at ASN and RDs and RTs etc... No problem once you gone through the technology but using VOL1 to get your feet wet, it is nice when the variables match the solution for a little more efficieny in learning. 

Maybe I am just spoiled from the other labs? [:P]

Thanks!

Comments

• We will be sure to fix those issues and repost. 

Thanks.

On Jan 10, 2010, at 9:12 PM, pac wrote:

Doesn't look like some of the requested fixes for MPLS made it into the latest revision.  I was hoping the minor fixes would be brought in but more importantly a re-write to bring this section up to the great standards of the other ones.

Maybe on the next release INE can work these minor details in.  These are just two that we noted in the forums.

14.1 VRF Lite - the VRFs assigned to interfaces are backwards in the solution and question

14.4 MB-BGP - the route reflector in the solution and question are different routers (r4 vs r6)

But more importantly what would be great is to have a topology diagram to work off of and the lab written so that we aren't guessing at ASN and RDs and RTs etc... No problem once you gone through the technology but using VOL1 to get your feet wet, it is nice when the variables match the solution for a little more efficieny in learning. 

Maybe I am just spoiled from the other labs? Stick out tongue

Thanks!

Internetwork Expert - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation
    http://www.internetworkexpert.com

Subscription information may be found at:
    http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx

• Hi, ..

may i add another minor bug or misunderstanding ?

14.7 : PE_CE Routig with OSPF :

A new Loopback is added on SW2.

The Lab Guide says: Make sure, R6 sees only a summary 172.16.0.0/16 for this prefix.

The Solution Guide uses a summary route on R6, which does not prevent that the new Loopback of SW2 makes it into R6s Routing table.

If the question should read "make sure SW1 sees only a summary route", then the SG makes sense ( SG shows the routing table on SW1 so

i think this might be an  option).

It not, the SG is not correct and the summarization should be done at R5 ( using aggregation while redistributing from OSPF into MP-BGP).

Thanks,

Cheers,..

/Christian

• When you say 14.1 VRFs are backwards, are you referring to vl 67 and 76 or l101 & l102 or both