Vol2-Lab1 - Task 4.2-4.6 Solutions page 32

Hello Everyone,

I am trying this excersize Vol2, lab1 , task 4.2.  In page 32, there is a request of configuring different partitions and CSS like PT_BR1_CALLED, PT_BR1_CALLING.  But these are not associated to any physical dial-patterns or Lines.

Solution steps are not clear for this task as to whether, where would this newly created PT & CSS should go ?  & Which particion would the +! route-pattern should go ?   What CSS should the MGCP, H323, SIP gateway & Phone should have.?   At the end of this task, we are not able to make any phone calls until we deviate from the solutionguide.

These configurations should be overwritten with Task 2 configurations page 14 (step2).    My reference solution version: v3.00.lab1.solutionsguide.0.04

Please suggest.

Comments

• This may be a bit late. Have you checked out the VOD's yet? Josh explains this pretty well. THe PT_BR1_called and calling are setup in the gateway to use these 2 transform css's. It does actually explain that but it is tricky to follow if your not used to doing this. Note: I am new as well.

The +! pattern needs to have  access to your translations since you want the dialed digits to hit the translations before the actual destination pattern.

From the translation pattern it will then match 911, local, LD, international and then get sent out to route list then RG, then gateway. Perhaps some transformations taking place if you need to block or change calling id etc to PSTN.

Hope that made sense and helped.

Goodluck

G

• The +! pattern needs to have  access to your translations since you want the dialed digits to hit the translations before the actual destination pattern.

The first sentence is backwards........the second sentence is true.

You want the dialed digits to hit the translations so that menas the *translations* need access to the +! pattern

Meaning

The devices need access to the translation patterns. That means the device CSS needs to include the partition where the translations reside.

Then once the translations are done, they need to send the call to the route pattern, so they need access to the +! route pattern

which is why their CSS needs to include the partition that the +! route pattern resides in.