VOL1 4.1 UCCX rmcm

Ok, I've completed the UCCX initialization.  When I go to PUB > Application User > rmcm there is nothing on the page labeled No Primary Extension or No ICD Extension.  

rmcm

Comments

• There won't be on an Application User, only an End User. 

Mark Snow
    CCIE #14073 (Voice, Security)
    Instructor
    Internetwork Expert

On Dec 10, 2009, at 0:24, MarkH <[email protected]> wrote:

Ok, I've completed the UCCX initialization.  When I go to PUB > Application User > rmcm there is nothing on the page labeled No Primary Extension or No ICD Extension.  

rmcm

Internetwork Expert - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.internetworkexpert.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx
  • Ok, can you take a look at Task 4.1 (Step 1 - Perform the following steps to configure the CallManager system) and see if it's worded correctly?

It says "Navigate to User > Application User.  Find the name rmcm.  Select the device corresponding to the HQ IP PHone 3.  Check No Primary Extension and No ICD Extension. Repeat this step to associate rmcm user with BR1 Ph2."

So, if I go to User > Application User and click rmcm there is a list of SEP<MAC> devices but there is no way to get to a screen that lets you check No Primary Extension from the rmcm screen. I'm feeling lost.    

• Hi Mark,

Thanks for pointing this out. The ICD Extension and Primary extension are controlled on the end user page instead of the Application User page. You can use the application user page for the device association. I'll make sure this gets updated.

Thanks

• Cool, thanks for the clarification.  [H]

• Hmm, I'm still not understanding how we can complete this task.  Going to User Management > End User > hquser3 does not show options for No Primary Extension or No ICD Extension. I see Directory Number Associations > Primary Extension (set to none) and IPCC Extension (I set this to 1003).  

The way the task reads, it gives the impression we do all of this in one window.  If I'm doing this that way I think it should be done, I go to rmcm and associate the two SEP<MAC> devices to rmcm and Save.  Then, go to End User and click on hquser3/br1user2 and for each user select No Primary Extension and No ICD Extension.  However, these options don't exist and there is no Update button on the page for hquser3 or br1user2.  I can see the options for Step 2 (Primary Extension = None, IPCC Extension = 1003).  

• Hi Mark,

You are correct, the option no longer exists, now you simply have a drop down menu where you can choose a primary extension or an ICD extension instead of checking the boxes on the end user page. So it is a two step process, (Association occurs through the Application User page, and the extensions are handled on the End User page) This step will be updated, and let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank You

• Thanks for the update.  I made through the rest of the task without encountering any issues.  [Y]