Initial configs clarification

I've opened a support ticket on this as well and i hope someone else here has resolved this,

I struggle at times wondering which initial config set to use.

In my login account, under Vol 1 (ver 5.0 labs) there is a master initial configuration file then there are initial configuration files listed under some of the technologies. Example, for multicast, under the master initial config set, there are initial configs. Then on the multicast folder, another initial config set exist. In comparing both, they are different. Which should i be using?

Comments

• Hi,

Go with the latest version for the particular technology lab that you're studying.  In this case it is the master initial config. file as it looks like to have been updated (11/07/09) to properly reflect INE's RS v4.0 physical topology.  IRRC, V4.0 topology incorporates 3 1841s as R4, R5, and R6 and thus the serial was changed to s0/0/0 (from s0/0).

HTH,

• I too am confused.  When you go to the website to download the most current pdf (for a particular section of Vol I) and some sections have initial configs and other sections don't.  For example the EIGRP section does NOT have an initial configuration to download but the EIGRP pdf mentions loading the EIGRP initial configs.  So, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.

• daxm,

On the page where you download the Volume I Labs, there is a link towards the top of the page: "Lab Initial Configurations". This is a zip-file containing most of the initial configurations. The other sections that have their own Initial Configs were added later, so are not included in the original zip-file.

I just downloaded the zip-file - it seems the new sections are included in the "Lab Initial Configurations" zip-file now. There are subdirectories for each rack, and within these are further subdirectories for:

• basic.bgp.routing
    • basic.eigrp.routing
    • basic.ip.addressing
    • full.layer2
    • full.ospf.routing
    • initial.bgp
    • initial.eigrp
    • initial.ospf
    • initial.qos
    • inter.domain.multicast
    • ip.services
    • ipv6
    • mpls.vpn
    • multicast
    • oer
    • rip
    • security
    • system.management

INE: A date/timestamp beside the link for the config files would probably be helpful... [;)]

I too am confused.  When you go to the website to download the most current pdf (for a particular section of Vol I) and some sections have initial configs and other sections don't.  For example the EIGRP section does NOT have an initial configuration to download but the EIGRP pdf mentions loading the EIGRP initial configs.  So, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.