Task 6.4 Traffic Matching

Can be useful if you want to know how to look this up during the exam.

Below is the site you will have access to during the exam:

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/psa/configure.html?mode=prod

If you know that you have to solve this question with Flexible Packet Matching, then you should look for FPM via "Products" - "Cisco IOS and NX-OS Software" -> select 12.4T . Select "Feature Guides" and look for "Flexible Packet Matching". There you can find the exact way to configure this "Configuring FPM for Slammer Packets: Example".

Comments

• Nice. I just got tripped up with this one. Nice to know there is an example we can actually use if we get a horrible question like this on lab day

• Nice. I just got tripped up with this one. Nice to know there is an example we can actually use if we get a horrible question like this on lab day

Knowing how to use Cisco Doc Online is important. I used it to solve one task (by using example given in the documentation) and to verify another task in my attempt. If you havent't watched ATCv4.5 about using Cisco Doc, I recommend you to watch it.
    Happy Studying!

• I was happy with my DocCD knowledge thus far. I've only ever used the configuration guides up until this point though. I didn't know we also had access to the feature guides where this little tidbit is :)

• I was happy with my DocCD knowledge thus far. I've only ever used the configuration guides up until this point though. I didn't know we also had access to the feature guides where this little tidbit is :)

Same here - really useful lab task to emphasize the depth of the DocCD.

I can see even more hours spent here going forwards.

I had to actually work back from google to get to this page [:(]

• I had to actually work back from google to get to this page Sad

Hi Lee,

I recommend you to get to know better your ONLY ally in the CCIE R&S war --> Cisco Documentation Online. And definitely knowing him through a middle-man like google is not preferred [:P] 

"The Cisco documentation CD is available in the lab room, but the exam assumes knowledge of the more common protocols and technologies. As of March 2006, the documentation can only be navigated using the index; the search function has been disabled. No outside reference materials are permitted in the lab room. You must report any suspected equipment issues to the proctor during the exam; adjustments cannot be made once the exam is over."https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccie_routing_switching/lab_exam

Happy studying![B]

• Hi Lee,

I recommend you to get to know better your ONLY ally in the CCIE R&S war --> Cisco Documentation Online. And definitely knowing him through a middle-man like google is not preferred

Hey Alexander,

Thanks for your feedback - its much appreciated. I am spending more and more time in the DocCD and this is now ALWAYS my 1st point of reference. That doesnt mean to say that I am ALWAYS able to track down the information that I am looking for. There needs to be a balance around being able to track down the information quickly (even if at this stage I need to use other resources such as this IEOC or even google). Otherwise, I wouldnt make the progress I need to make 'hands-on' but would be an expert navigator of the DocCD.  There must be a balance right?

Cheers

• Hi Lee, yes of course, we need to have a balance. We may not want to use DocCD for core topics like L2, IGP, and BGP. However, we definitely need to know how to find configuration guide for certain complex items like EEM and PfR or things that we can't memorize like EtherType. Read this to give you another insight: http://tinyurl.com/36wz6cu

Happy studying!