Task 3.2 OSPFv3

The description is not precise, the PPP link should also be in OSPFv3 area 123 according to solution.

Also on the lab manual, lo100 on R3 is advertised into RIPng, while on the solution, not RIGng and redistribution is mentioned.

Should be advertise lo100 on R3 to RIPng, redistribute RIPng to OSPFv3 with include connected. Then use cost to do the TE.

Comments

• The description is not precise, the PPP link should also be in OSPFv3 area 123 according to solution.

Also on the lab manual, lo100 on R3 is advertised into RIPng, while on the solution, not RIGng and redistribution is mentioned.

Should be advertise lo100 on R3 to RIPng, redistribute RIPng to OSPFv3 with include connected. Then use cost to do the TE.

Looks like it is syntax error. 

• Yes, just seen this myself.  The task asks for Lo100 to be put into RIPng and it doesn't specify the area on the PPP link between R1 and R3.  I therefore used my head and worked out that if you put the PPP link into Area 0 as you'd probably think best to do you have to do some serious manipultion to force the route to Lo100 via R2.

As all links are in Area 123 and Lo100 is an external route the manipulation of the routing is easily done by changing the cost on the link.

Also noted is they don't say use the Router number on the PPP link so technically the SG is wrong.  You'd have to use EUI-64s.

I did all of this and verified.