Giving Up

I gave up on this lab half way through and went home. I'm just wasting my time studying now. 11 days until my lab, and I can't do simple tasks. I'm done.

Comments

• Dude.

You need to relax.

I know you are not talking about quiting the CCIE as a whole.

You are eleven days away from you lab date and you are giving up?

Sounds to me like you just need to take a day off or two.

You are stressing out.

It's a known fact that mock labs a designed to be harder than the real thing.

You Sir need some time off.

B/W, please tell me you are not talking about quiting the CCIE as a whole

I gave up on this lab half way through and went home. I'm just wasting my time studying now. 11 days until my lab, and I can't do simple tasks. I'm done.

• Hi,

I definitely relate to how you feel, but I encourage you not to give up.  If the path to CCIE was an easy one, the certification wouldn't be as valuable.  I think CCIE is such a hard certification because it takes a lot time, money, hardwork and more importantly DETERMINATION.  Even though my test isn't until March of next year, I am on the same path as you, so I know the pain you feel.  While preparing for the exam, you will have your good days and you will have your bad days. 

Whatever you do, try not to stress yourself out and try not to burn out.  If it helps any, read the success stories of others.  Read about the hardwork and dedication that they put forth in obtaining CCIE.  Even more importantly, look at the gratification they display once they reach that goal.  Take things day by day and do labs piece by piece. 

I would love to pass my exam on the first try, but to me thats not the most important thing.  If you take the lab and do not pass, but you see you've made progress over the last few months, than thats great!  Use that as motivation to keep moving forward.  Some of us progress faster than others, and I might be one of the slower ones, (lol) but we all have the same destination in mind.   In the end, all that matters is the fact that we reached that destination.

• @Edwinrg00: I have 11 days. There is no more time to relax.

@j0hnniebr0wn: I've heard it all before... reading about hardwork and dedication and thinking happy thoughts isnt going to help me when I'm less than two weeks before my lab....

I should email the proctors and tell them to not even bother grading my lab. I didn't even attempt about half of it.

• Hey dude,

Our labs are on similar dates it seems, mate I didn't bother with Mock Lab 4 because I read (difficulty 9) that it was a ball buster!

People have scored quite lowly in this and other mock labs and passed the actual LAB.

• 11 days away. You are already telling yourself you failed before setting foot in the place.

I've seen your posts, you know what you are doing.

If "little" mistakes is what is getting you, then focus on those.

You need to think positively.

@Edwinrg00: I have 11 days. There is no more time to relax.

@j0hnniebr0wn: I've heard it all before... reading about hardwork and dedication and thinking happy thoughts isnt going to help me when I'm less than two weeks before my lab....

I should email the proctors and tell them to not even bother grading my lab. I didn't even attempt about half of it.

• Actually ML4 wasn't all THAT difficult, if the lab task had been correct. Oh well.

• Wow...

http://jcpas.com/mocklabs/mocklab4.html

That's amazing. I scored a 40.. despite only having attempted half the lab...

• E-mail me direct (so I have your unicast address instead of the member-name/bounce thing).

Let's figure out how to make things work for your lab (sorry, not 11 days any longer as I was off e-mail the last couple days)

Scott

----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Sun, September 27, 2009 22:13
    Subject: Re: [rs-ml-4] Giving Up

@Edwinrg00: I have 11 days. There is no more time to relax.

--
    View this message online at: http://ieoc.com/forums/p/8432/42408.aspx#42408
    --
    Internetwork Expert - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.internetworkexpert.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx
    <!>

• How's it going IPv6Freely?

Wow...

http://jcpas.com/mocklabs/mocklab4.html

That's amazing. I scored a 40.. despite only having attempted half the lab...

• Not so great. 51 on mock lab 5. I'm deciding if I want to take mock lab 6 as my last mock lab (on Sunday, 2 days before I fly to San Jose), or if I want to re-take Mock lab 2 or 3, just so I score a little higher and don't stress myself out.

• I gave up on this lab half way through and went home. I'm just wasting my time studying now. 11 days until my lab, and I can't do simple tasks. I'm done.

Before my 1st Lab attampt taking all 4 of the IE Mock Labs, my average score was about a 57 as I recall with no score greater than a 71 or 72.

Hmm... what's your average and which issues are you having?  Maybe you can still fix them.  It will be hard to gain 30 points in 11 days or less now but maybe not impossible.

• Yea, I think you're the last person I'd be wanting advice from, but thanks anyway.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 3, 2009, at 7:20 PM, "Darby Weaver" <[email protected]> wrote:

imageIPv6Freely:

Before my 1st Lab attampt taking all 4 of the IE Mock Labs, my average score was about a 57 as I recall with no score greater than a 71 or 72.

Hmm... what's your average and which issues are you having?  Maybe you can still fix them.  It will be hard to gain 30 points in 11 days or less now but maybe not impossible.

Internetwork Expert - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.internetworkexpert.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx
  • You are probably right.

I forgot who I was talking to. 

Good luck anyway.

Are you still considered a groupie when you keep talking about me, even it is negative? 

I'll leave you alone, but dude you gotta find something/someone else to obsess over - go read your tweets and get some help.

• Err, yeah... you just keep thinking you're important... [Y]

• I haven't figured out why you keep mentioning or speaking of me in the first place.  Do I even know you?

• Chris,

Why are you damned obsessed with me?  Someone just told me to watch out for some fool on twitter.  Literally just like that. 

Do you realize how much you write about me?  You are kind of obsessed. 

Have you been to the doctor lately?  You should get some professional help.

twitter.com/ipv6freely

Good luck with the SP - Hope you make it before it changes.

• Err, yeah... you just keep thinking you're important... Yes

Chris,

May I ask why you are drawing pictures of me?  Seriously - are you on something?

• Umm, yeah. What's your CCIE number, again?

• Dude.

You need to relax.

You are stressing out.

Thanks man. Looking back, you were right. I just needed a break. I stopped labbing the Friday before my exam, and went in and passed it. It was a lot of the little "gotchas" and things that I just wasn't doing exactly the way they wanted me to. The real lab had no such tricks... all very straightforward!

• I'm glad to see you made it through. Now you can really relax [:)]

Dude.

You need to relax.

You are stressing out.

Thanks man. Looking back, you were right. I just needed a break. I stopped labbing the Friday before my exam, and went in and passed it. It was a lot of the little "gotchas" and things that I just wasn't doing exactly the way they wanted me to. The real lab had no such tricks... all very straightforward!

• Umm, yeah. What's your CCIE number, again?

Wow...Impressive...Impressive indeed!

• I just want to remind everyone that we do not tolerate members attacking other members of this forum in any way. If anyone has a problem with each other, please keep it off the IEOC. We really pride ourselves on keeping this a happy place. [ip]

You can attack us here I guess if you must - just not other members. [:P]

• Agreed. Thanks Anthony!!

I just want to remind everyone that we do not tolerate members attacking other members of this forum in any way. If anyone has a problem with each other, please keep it off the IEOC. We really pride ourselves on keeping this a happy place. Paradise

You can attack us here I guess if you must - just not other members. Stick out tongue

• My pleasure my friend. Awesome Avatar! 

Congrats again on your incredible achievement. 

• Much appreciated. I couldn't have done it without your advice!

My pleasure my friend. Awesome Avatar! 

Congrats again on your incredible achievement.