TASK 4.1

4.1. Default Routing
 Configure SW3 so that it sends traffic for all destinations to SW1.
 Do not use static routing for this task.

Is it posible to use ??

route-map DEFAULT-SW3 permit 10
 set ip next-hop 156.1.7.7
!

ip local policy route-map DEFAULT-SW3

!        

Comments

• Is it posible to use ??

Although this would work it would break the 4th requirement in the do and don't - "Do not use any static routes, default routes, default networks or policy routing unless otherwise specified"

• Although this would work it would break the 4th requirement in the do and don't - "Do not use any static routes, default routes, default networks or policy routing unless otherwise specified"

Thats right its breaking the lab rules by doing policy routing. Always prefer to use simplest possible solution and here ip default-gateway is the best solution.

• Thats right its breaking the lab rules by doing policy routing. Always prefer to use simplest possible solution and here ip default-gateway is the best solution.

Not recommended in the really lab - unless you like losing lots of points :-)

• Well, I uderstood default routing is included to restricted static routes, so I did this wtih IRDP/GDP...

• Well, I uderstood default routing is included to restricted static routes, so I did this wtih IRDP/GDP...

The task requires only to do config changes on SW3. IRDP/GDP or any next-hop-redundancy protocols needs change also on sw1. I think this solution doesn't work. The only solution is using ip default-gateway. But this stays in contrast to the solution of task 1.1 where ip routing is enabled because of an existing fault in the initial config. 

INE please correct this mistake!