Task 4.2 and 8.1

Hi,

today I got my grading and I'm quite happy with it. I'd like to give some feedback and have two questions regarding the grading, and because I couldnt find a direct feedback link/address, I'll try here.

There are two remarks from the proctor that I dont understand:

- Task 4.2

"use regexp _54$ to match prefixes originated in AS54"

Im peering with AS54 and only AS54 - why isnt ^54$ sufficient for that?

- Task 8.1

"ACL shouldn't have allowed BGP traffic"

Well, there is nothing in this task that says anything about this - but there is another task that talks about link redundancy within the frame relay mesh between R1, R2 and R3. When the PVC between R3 and R2 (the preferred path for the BGP session between R4 and R6) goes down, BGP traffic _will_ hit R1's frame relay interface where this ACL sits _ingress_. I'd understand it if the task really forbids to add anything additional, but you'd have to include the OSPF traffic for the frame cloud as well (which was ok with the proctor).

Any comments/ideas?

Besides this, I really would appreciate a review on the Lab description and maybe the Solution Guide too. You know, there is no proctor around, and some of the task wording in this mocklab is really worth an explanation (like the IGP redistribution task). I did two INE mocklabs before and I didnt had any issues with their wording.

I dont want to complain only - After all, this was a very nice and challenging lab, I really enjoyed it!

Comments

• Thanks so much for the kind words and we are thrilled you are enjoying the Mock Labs.

You should send me a request for the Core Knowledge Sections that accompany the mock labs you have completed. I can be reached at [email protected]

You can send this feedback and your queries to [email protected] 

Thanks again! 

On Aug 24, 2009, at 11:35 AM, einval wrote:

Hi,

today I got my grading and I'm quite happy with it. I'd like to give some feedback and have two questions regarding the grading, and because I couldnt find a direct feedback link/address, I'll try here.

There are two remarks from the proctor that I dont understand:

- Task 4.2

"use regexp _54$ to match prefixes originated in AS54"

Im peering with AS54 and only AS54 - why isnt ^54$ sufficient for that?

- Task 8.1

"ACL shouldn't have allowed BGP traffic"

Well, there is nothing in this task that says anything about this - but there is another task that talks about link redundancy within the frame relay mesh between R1, R2 and R3. When the PVC between R3 and R2 (the preferred path for the BGP session between R4 and R6) goes down, BGP traffic _will_ hit R1's frame relay interface where this ACL sits _ingress_. I'd understand it if the task really forbids to add anything additional, but you'd have to include the OSPF traffic for the frame cloud as well (which was ok with the proctor).

Any comments/ideas?

Besides this, I really would appreciate a review on the Lab description and maybe the Solution Guide too. You know, there is no proctor around, and some of the task wording in this mocklab is really worth an explanation (like the IGP redistribution task). I did two INE mocklabs before and I didnt had any issues with their wording.

I dont want to complain only - After all, this was a very nice and challenging lab, I really enjoyed it!

Internetwork Expert - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation
    http://www.internetworkexpert.com

Subscription information may be found at:
    http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx

• Hi Christian,

I replied you unicast. Check your e-mail to see the answers.

HTH