Task 10.2 What is a "telnet session"?

The working in Task 10.2 states "All telnet sessions should be disconnected from the router after 5 minutes of inactivity."

I used the command

session-timeout 5

when the solution uses

exec-timeout 5 0

If they said exec session or even LOGGED OFF, yes I may have used that command. But it says telnet and disconnect. What is this going to be like on the actual CCIE test?

Comments

• I think the exam will provide some more text to make it more obvious one way or the other. At least, I would hope so! 

Also, remember, you will have access to a proctor. So you could go to the proctor here and ask for clarification after you proved you knew your stuff with a really long winded version of your question! 

:-)

• Ah, yes. That makes sense. Good point.

That would probably be a decent question, with a demonstration that you understand the ramification and have knowledge about the matter; maybe you'll even get a decent answer?

I think the exam will provide some more text to make it more obvious one way or the other. At least, I would hope so! 

Also, remember, you will have access to a proctor. So you could go to the proctor here and ask for clarification after you proved you knew your stuff with a really long winded version of your question! 

:-)

• Yeah - I have had proctors check the solution guide and flat out give me the correct answer. I hope you find this blog post useful on dealing with the proctors:

http://blog.ine.com/2008/10/15/tips-for-working-with-the-proctors/