fallback bridging and 3560's

In my CCIE lab i have a mix of 3560's and 3570's (no 3550's). Is fallback bridging supported in the 3560? I'm getting encap failed for section 1.46 of workbook 1 version 5.

Comments

• In my CCIE lab i have a mix of 3560's and 3570's (no 3550's). Is fallback bridging supported in the 3560? I'm getting encap failed for section 1.46 of workbook 1 version 5.

Take a look at this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12.2_50_se/configuration/guide/swfallbk.html

HTH

Santiago E

• FTA "

Fallback Bridging Configuration Guidelines

Up to 32 bridge groups can be configured on the switch.

An interface (an SVI or routed port) can be a member of only one bridge group.

Use a bridge group for each separately bridged (topologically distinct) network connected to the switch.

Do not configure fallback bridging on a switch configured with private VLANs.

All protocols except IP (Version 4 and Version 6), Address Resolution
    Protocol (ARP), reverse ARP (RARP), LOOPBACK, Frame Relay ARP, and
    shared STP packets are fallback bridged.
    "

So it looks like fallback bridinging for ipv6 is not possible on the 3560's.

• So it looks like fallback bridinging for ipv6 is not possible on the 3560's.

did you enable ipv6 on the 3560?....

sdm prefer dual-ipv4-and-ipv6 routing

• Yeah, after it wasn't working i searched the web and  and found the sdm template you mention. I applied the sdm template and did a reload, but had the same result.

So it looks like fallback bridinging for ipv6 is not possible on the 3560's.

did you enable ipv6 on the 3560?....

sdm prefer dual-ipv4-and-ipv6 routing