Advertising Loopback 0

Q. In an ABR which area should be choosen to advertise loopback 0 if not specified in the ospf question.  Is there any situation that I should advertise loopback in Area 0 instead other area?

Q. Do we have to advertise loopback 0 at all?

Q. When do I have to advertise loopback 0?

Q. What I should consider when advertising loopback 0 regarding IGP and BGP?

Comments

• Q. In an ABR which area should be choosen to advertise
    loopback 0 if not specified in the ospf question.  Is there any
    situation that I should advertise loopback in Area 0 instead other area?

if there is no restriction in the lab where to put it then u can advertise it in any area. but once again do look for any thing that wants u to advertise it in a certein area.

Q. Do we have to advertise loopback 0 at all?

yes

Q. When do I have to advertise loopback 0?

That depend, if the questions are specifically asking it to advertise then do it there. If there is no question regarding loopback advertisments, then at the end of the IGP u can just have a look which loopback are already advertised and which are not and based on that just advertised them in any area u like as long as it is not conflicting with any specified requirements

Q. What I should consider when advertising loopback 0 regarding IGP and BGP?

Again that also depends. if in the general rules if they have said, all loopbacks must be with the mask of /24 then all the loopback that are going to be advertised in OSPF, u must enter the command IP OSPF NETWORK POINT-TO-POINT.

So this all stuff depends on the game rules and if there is noting specfied u can make ur own rule then

Peace