Any Date for Vol1-Ver5 BGP?

IEX,

Wanted to provide my sincere apprecation and positive marks for the expanded detail in the Version 5 Volume 1 labs that are out now.  Would also want to encourage anyone who has not looked at these and might have jumped right in to the Vol2 labs that these Ver 5 labs are an excellent application of your time and essentially work as a "Here's an intro to everything in your "toolbox" for RIP, now EIGRP, etc" type of approach before jumping into the multi-protocol labs.

Now having said that any estimates from the IEX team on when the BGP piece of this will be available?  Not that I'd ever want the material rushed, especially BGP, but I'm nearing that piece of my blueprint and timeline and was curious about this?

Comments

• Going to post the fist half of it tomorrow (30+ labs). Sorry about
    delaying that,
    BGP section is pretty massive, due to numerous amount of BGP features.

Petr

----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Sun, April 26, 2009 20:45
    Subject:[CCIE R&S General] Any Date for Vol1-Ver5 BGP?

IEX,

Wanted to provide my sincere apprecation and positive marks for the
    expanded detail
    in the Version 5 Volume 1 labs that are out now. Would also want to
    encourage
    anyone who has not looked at these and might have jumped right in to the
    Vol2 labs
    that these Ver 5 labs are an excellent application of your time and
    essentially work
    as a "Here's an intro to everything in your
    "toolbox" for RIP, now
    EIGRP, etc" type of approach before jumping into the
    multi-protocol labs.

Now having said that any estimates from the IEX team on when the BGP piece
    of this
    will be available? Not that I'd ever want the material rushed, especially
    BGP, but
    I'm nearing that piece of my blueprint and timeline and was curious about
    this?

--
    View this message online at: http://ieoc.com/forums/p/6192/21644.aspx#21644
    --
    Internetwork Expert - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation
    http://www.internetworkexpert.com

Subscription information may be found at:
    http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx

----- End of original message --
  • in regard to this is that mean V5 not finished yet ?

i mean WB VL1 and 2 ???

if not yet any idea when maybe be ready

thank you

• I'm new so I'm a bit leary to ask but I just purchased the workbooks and I was able to get v4.10.  However, I see serveral comments about version 5 and am wondering if I should have waited.  When will v5 be "publicly" available?

• now am looking to buy IEWB vol 1 and vol 2

if i buy it   will i get it as version 5 ??? and are they ready all or not yet ??

i wish someone from IE give us an answer

thank you

• In my subscription I have access to both the 4.1 and 5.0 workbooks - Vol I and Vol II, as well as 4.1 Vol III. If you buy the 4.1 version the Upgrade Protection Plan gives access to the 5.0 version.

Petr - I do like the date/time-stamp on the 5.0 labs now - makes it easier to see which labs have been updated recently.

• Hi Petr,

Just checking in to ensure you haven't forgotten about us (BGP).

:-)

Cheers!

• If you buy the workbooks right now, you'll get access to both the v4 and v5 versions electronically.  Plus you get access to any updates in the material free for the life of the product.  So as the rest of the v5 labs are made available, you'll get access to them.  Plus any updates beyond v5 as well.

One thing to consider though, if you plan on purcahsing the hardcopy version of the workbooks (which also comes with online electronic access), I believe you'll only get the v4 workbooks in hardcopy.  The v5 labs will only be accessible electronically.  That's how it was a few months back when I made my order at least.  I would assume that once the v5 workbooks are complete, then they will ship those on hardcopy orders.

now am looking to buy IEWB vol 1 and vol 2

if i buy it   will i get it as version 5 ??? and are they ready all or not yet ??

i wish someone from IE give us an answer

thank you

• how many V5 labs finshed yet ?

and will i get the intial config of each V5 volume 2 labs??

beucase i  think i may use it with rack rental i load the intial config of V5 manuly as i think it is not available to load it automticaly !!!!!

thank you

• I'm seeing 8 v5 workbook 2 labs in my account right now.  They each have initial configs, the lab tasks, diagrams, and solutions guides.  I can't speak to if they can be automatically loaded into your racks as I have never done any of the workbook 2 labs online.

how many V5 labs finshed yet ?

and will i get the intial config of each V5 volume 2 labs??

beucase i  think i may use it with rack rental i load the intial config of V5 manuly as i think it is not available to load it automticaly !!!!!

thank you