Current Status * Certified

Hello Folks,

I wanted to inform that I passed my CCIE R & S certification Yesterday! I couldnt describe the moment when I saw my result 2:30 AM in the night!

It took me a few years and a few attempts to finally get it  - but the keyword for me was "Determination".It was a much needed thing for me because my promotion was held up because of this... With my cert on hand - Hopefully the promotion and recognition $$$ will soon come [It better :-)] ... But more than anything else - it is the feeling of accomplishment which matters to me most!

Here are some of my comments about Core section and overall lab config portions: ( Disclaimer :This is just what I have seen - others may have a different opinion)

Core KS - Honestly speaking you cant really study for this...I guess you will learn the answers to these questions with your experience and along the way you prepare for written and Lab exams.3 out of 4 questions I had were of a nature as "what is the purpose of this config" & " what would happen if .."" - but mostly exhibit based just like we see in written preparation tools like simulation exams and like.....

Regarding the lab portion - It was worth 79 points .. But I dont believe they have shortened the lab to finish up in 7.5 hours - instead the questions are worth less points now.I finished up 30 mins to go and couldnt do a full review and fix one ping issue.

On the complexity Part - I would say around 7-8.However there were still some questions which I havent seen before OR had no idea on how to approach them.

GOOD LUCK to all who are preparing and/or have labs coming up soon.I will probably take over SP in next few months but for now I have to make it up to my wife and kids who were missing me for last few months! Lots of promises to make - the biggest one is taking kids to Disney in FL... Hopefully my boss feels like rewarding me:-)

P.S - A Big thanks to IE team without which this wouldnt have been possible.I did Vol1 and 2 for the most parts with few Vol3 labs , couple of poly labs and a mock lab.

Thanks and Good Luck!

Comments

• <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

Excellent work!!!  Congratulations!   And enjoy Disney with the family
    (you know, those people you live with)   :)

Scott

Realpro27 wrote:

Hello Folks,

I wanted to inform that I passed my CCIE R & S certification
    Yesterday! I couldnt describe the moment when I saw my result 2:30 AM
    in the night!

It took me a few years and a few attempts to finally get it  - but
    the keyword for me was "Determination".It was a much needed thing for
    me because my promotion was held up because of this... With my cert on
    hand - Hopefully the promotion and recognition $$$ will soon come [It
    better :-)] ... But more than anything else - it is the feeling of
    accomplishment which matters to me most!

Here are some of my comments about Core section and overall lab
    config portions: ( Disclaimer :This is just what I have seen - others
    may have a different opinion)

Core KS - Honestly speaking you cant really study for this...I
    guess you will learn the answers to these questions with your
    experience and along the way you prepare for written and Lab exams.3
    out of 4 questions I had were of a nature as "what is the purpose of
    this config" & " what would happen if .."" - but mostly exhibit
    based just like we see in written preparation tools like simulation
    exams and like.....

Regarding the lab portion - It was worth 79 points .. But I dont
    believe they have shortened the lab to finish up in 7.5 hours - instead
    the questions are worth less points now.I finished up 30 mins to go and
    couldnt do a full review and fix one ping issue.

On the complexity Part - I would say around 7-8.However there were
    still some questions which I havent seen before OR had no idea on how
    to approach them.

GOOD LUCK to all who are preparing and/or have labs coming up
    soon.I will probably take over SP in next few months but for now I have
    to make it up to my wife and kids who were missing me for last few
    months! Lots of promises to make - the biggest one is taking kids to
    Disney in FL... Hopefully my boss feels like rewarding me:-)

P.S - A Big thanks to IE team without which this wouldnt have been
    possible.I did Vol1 and 2 for the most parts with few Vol3 labs ,
    couple of poly labs and a mock lab.

Thanks and Good Luck!

Internetwork Expert - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.internetworkexpert.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx

• This is awesome - congrats! 

Warmest Regards,

Anthony J. Sequeira, CCIE #15626
    Senior CCIE Instructor

Internetwork Expert, Inc.
    Toll Free: 877-224-8987
    Outside US: 775-826-4344

Test your Core Knowledge today! 
    Q: BGPv4 packets are designated by which IP protocol number? 
    A: six

On Apr 22, 2009, at 1:08 PM, Realpro27 wrote:

Hello Folks,

I wanted to inform that I passed my CCIE R & S certification Yesterday! I couldnt describe the moment when I saw my result 2:30 AM in the night!

It took me a few years and a few attempts to finally get it  - but the keyword for me was "Determination".It was a much needed thing for me because my promotion was held up because of this... With my cert on hand - Hopefully the promotion and recognition $$$ will soon come [It better :-)] ... But more than anything else - it is the feeling of accomplishment which matters to me most!

Here are some of my comments about Core section and overall lab config portions: ( Disclaimer :This is just what I have seen - others may have a different opinion)

Core KS - Honestly speaking you cant really study for this...I guess you will learn the answers to these questions with your experience and along the way you prepare for written and Lab exams.3 out of 4 questions I had were of a nature as "what is the purpose of this config" & " what would happen if .."" - but mostly exhibit based just like we see in written preparation tools like simulation exams and like.....

Regarding the lab portion - It was worth 79 points .. But I dont believe they have shortened the lab to finish up in 7.5 hours - instead the questions are worth less points now.I finished up 30 mins to go and couldnt do a full review and fix one ping issue.

On the complexity Part - I would say around 7-8.However there were still some questions which I havent seen before OR had no idea on how to approach them.

GOOD LUCK to all who are preparing and/or have labs coming up soon.I will probably take over SP in next few months but for now I have to make it up to my wife and kids who were missing me for last few months! Lots of promises to make - the biggest one is taking kids to Disney in FL... Hopefully my boss feels like rewarding me:-)

P.S - A Big thanks to IE team without which this wouldnt have been possible.I did Vol1 and 2 for the most parts with few Vol3 labs , couple of poly labs and a mock lab.

Thanks and Good Luck!

• God job!! I'm happy for you... its great to see that passed attempts didn't get you down. To everyone else, Realpro27's synopsis sounds perfect, verbatim. Also, it did seem that the configuration was just as long as practice labs, not any shorter for the new CK questions. Congratulations and I hope to feel how you are now... you must be high as a kite right now.

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 7:08 PM, Realpro27 <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello Folks,

Thanks and Good Luck!

• Realpro27,

Congratulations on achieving the goal!  Also, thanks for the excellent feedback on your experience and the encouragement.

Jeff

• er, I said 'passed' , :P

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 8:13 PM, luisgarcia <[email protected]> wrote:
    God job!! I'm happy for you... its great to see that passed attempts didn't get you down. To everyone else, Realpro27's synopsis sounds perfect, verbatim. Also, it did seem that the configuration was just as long as practice labs, not any shorter for the new CK questions. Congratulations and I hope to feel how you are now... you must be high as a kite right now.

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 7:08 PM, Realpro27 <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello Folks,

Thanks and Good Luck!

• Congratz Realpro27!

I think I can understand some of the feelings you have since it took me three attempts to get my digits. I agree that "Determination" has a lot to do with success - I determined in November that I would use the Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Years holidays for concentrated studies - it paid off!

I didn't have to face the "Core Knowledge" questions and am glad that a number of successes have occurred in spite of the CK section, showing that it is still possible to achieve CCIE certification.

Good luck on the raise and $$$!

It took me a few years and a few attempts to finally get it  - but the keyword for me was "Determination".It was a much needed thing for me because my promotion was held up because of this... With my cert on hand - Hopefully the promotion and recognition $$ will soon come [It better :-)] ... But more than anything else - it is the feeling of accomplishment which matters to me most!

• Congratulations!

I too am hoping my employer will recognize my accomplishment monitarily...I'll give the a couple weeks to make some movement....otherwise the game is on.

• Realpro27,

Congrats! Good Job! you'll need a big raise and then some if your going to Disney!!!  By the way it rains all summer long in FL and is hot as hell.  I think the daily deluge start in mid to late June.  If you can get to Orlando in May you will love it.  my wife and I usually spend memorial day weekend in Orlando (sans kids) and its great.