CCIE Network Engineer Opening
Please contact me regarding contract-to-hire opportunity in Milwaukee looking for candidates with CCIE (written & lab). You can email resumes to [email protected]
Job Description: Senior Network, Security and Voice Engineer
Primary Function: - Provide expertise, customer service remote and on-site support to clients. This includes: pre-sales support for core networking and voice solutions, including but not limited to those provided by Cisco design and implementation services for the outlined solutions, ongoing support for client installation and escalation of support calls from the Remote Operations Center. This position will be focused on core networking for switching, routing and voice as well as solutions involving WAN optimization, QoS optimization, Unified Communications (UC), technical failover and disaster recovery solutions. In addition, the position requires an understanding of security services so that support can be provided in a holistic manner to the clients. Position requires candidates to be able to work a flexible schedule to meet client implementation schedules. In addition the position requires the individual to be able to travel periodically both in and out of state to support client needs.
· Pre-Sales and Practice Support
o Working with the Core Networking, Unified Communications and Security Solution Managers, to evaluate core infrastructure, security and UC vendor product offerings and solutions for technical merit and implementation requirements.
o As required and requested, perform vendor proof of concepts for evaluation and testing of solutions.
o Attend client meetings to assist in evaluating client technical requirements relating to data infrastructure solution offerings.
o Provide pre-sales designs for infrastructure, security and UC solutions as requested.
o Provide client demonstrations of various product solutions as required and requested.
o Provide assistance and support for internal network as related to core infrastructure, security and UC. In this role, candidates will work with the Technical Services Manager and other engineers involved in direct network support.
o Assist in presenting technology solution demonstrations to clients in a one on one setting as well as at company sponsored seminars.
· Client Support
o Provide project-based design services relating to core networking, UC and Security solutions. This is to include but not limited to implementation of complex routing and switching environments, implementation for MPLS and other WAN connectivity connections, implementation of Cisco CallManager, CallManager Express, IPCC Express, Unity, Unity Connections, voice gateways and QoS standards and implementation of Cisco security platforms.
o Provide client support for existing core networking, UC and security clients. Includes support for but not limited to switching and routing support for various Cisco equipment as well as other manufacturers, support for Cisco CallManager, CallManager Express, IPCC Express, Unity, Unity Connections, voice gateways and Cisco security appliances.
o Provide architectural services to clients for LAN, WAN, Security and UC solutions.
o Provide support for calls or requests escalated from other engineers both support and project related.
o Provide support via phone or onsite to triage issues related to UC, switching/routing, security and base data infrastructure as needed.
o Participate in on-call rotation for escalation support.
o Perform services relating to core network, security or UC assessments as defined within the practice solutions.
o On-call support for all clients when assigned.
o Assist with ongoing managed services clients as required.
· Provide updates to your immediate supervisor as to any escalation issues or concerns.
· Provide top level customer service.
· Present yourself in a professional manner with clients.
· Work closely with the Project Manager on project implementations to ensure that timelines are being met and to provide with Project Manager with guidance as to technical concerns, change order needs or the need to reset expectations with the clients and or other team members.
· Communicate effectively and timely with clients and vendors.
· Communicate timely and in detail to the team members and management.
· Respect your team members.
· Accurate and appropriate time entry performed daily with the required details.
· Provide hand off to different shifts on any open incidents or issues.
· Flexible in work schedule, including after-hours and weekend support as required for client activities.
· On-call support for all clients when assigned.
· Account shadowing or training must be approved by your immediate supervisor prior to executing.
· Ability to execute multiple priorities to me client and business objectives.
· Cisco Certified Infrastructure Engineer (CCIE)
Additional Certifications but not required
· MCP or MCSA
· CCVP or CCIE equivalent
· 5-8 years experience in IT environment networking either in Security, Voice or Core or some combination
· Strong working knowledge of Cisco cross platforms
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent customer presentation skills
· Expert technical background in IT security with desire and ability to understand and learn new technologies
· Ability to develop and execute multiple priorities and approaches to meet objectives
· Flexible in work schedule