Notes for taking test in Dubai

Hotel :

Cisco lab location is located in Dubai Internet city, Building # 10 , 3rd floor. it is next to buildings : ORACLE, HP, 3M

Dubai Internet City is neighbored with Media City and knowledge village ( Tulip hotel http://www.tulipinnfzllc.com/) , so the hotels in these areas are very close to cisco.

also is you are looking for a hotel, you can try tehse AREAs also which are also near: Mariana (sea view maybe expensieve), Barsha (reasonable), Near Mall of Emirates hotels, Greens, TECOM.

Taxi: Book you taxi in the night before your exam. taxis in dubai are crazy, they try to go the worst way to charge you more, and you may get late to your exam. so book your taxi for around 6:15 to 6:30. taxi drivers are often rude, dont fight with them, you should make your day. also you can pay more to them for praying for your exam result. (they are good prayers).

What to bring: Passport or any valid ID card in UAE, your own pen and pencils, redbull, kit-kat. (I brought all of these, but I didnt find time to eat/drink).

try to be at 3rd floor at 07:15.

Good Luck.

Reza Toghraee

Comments

• hey toghraee,

how can we book a taxi ? kindly post the number of a taxi service so that it would be easy.. i am planning to have my exam i Dubai.

I am still picking on hotels which one to stay in, the information u have provided is very useful.

Thanks

Peace

• Peace,

I took my first attempt at the lab in Dubai last month and failed:( A great place to stay would be

Tulip Inn Knowledge Village Hotel
    PO Box 500707,
    Dubai,
    United Arab Emirates

Its pretty much opposite the Cisco building although you will still need a taxi as its across a busy main road.  You can see the Cisco building from this hotel.  Its also situated a bit out of town so dont think it will be too expensive.  I attended a training course at this hotel but was staying with relatives across town.  The receiption booked a taxi for me every night (around 22:00), which took about 15-20 minutes to turn up. I would suggest you book the night before. It will only take you 5 mins to the Cisco building.

There is a great food hall near by (5min walk)  that you can get KFC, BK,  Subway, Pizza Hut and many other 'fine' eating establishments that will help you prepare for the big day;-), Failing that the hotel resteraunt looked half decent although I didnt eat there.

Good luck..Enjoy..Dubai is quality!

PS: if you get chance go to the races.

Vonners

• ur problem may be ur experience in india is over showing ur learning lessons here.

in india u drive with out any rules .

here u have to follow each and every rule at least for passing .

be carefull and listen ot the instructors instructions and follow it up to last minute .

• Hotel :

Cisco lab location is located in Dubai Internet city, Building # 10 , 3rd floor. it is next to buildings : ORACLE, HP, 3M

Dubai Internet City is neighbored with Media City and knowledge village ( Tulip hotel http://www.tulipinnfzllc.com/) , so the hotels in these areas are very close to cisco.

also is you are looking for a hotel, you can try tehse AREAs also which are also near: Mariana (sea view maybe expensieve), Barsha (reasonable), Near Mall of Emirates hotels, Greens, TECOM.

Taxi: Book you taxi in the night before your exam. taxis in dubai are crazy, they try to go the worst way to charge you more, and you may get late to your exam. so book your taxi for around 6:15 to 6:30. taxi drivers are often rude, dont fight with them, you should make your day. also you can pay more to them for praying for your exam result. (they are good prayers).

What to bring: Passport or any valid ID card in UAE, your own pen and pencils, redbull, kit-kat. (I brought all of these, but I didnt find time to eat/drink).

try to be at 3rd floor at 07:15.

Good Luck.

Reza Toghraee

booking taxi a night before is good, but your hotel can also arrange one for you. Regarding Taxi drivers your views are not correct. I have not seen any such issue here in dubai.