QoS - LLQ, Fragment, TS
I am now confused with this situation:
There're 2 sites
connected via a FrameRelay link, let say the port speed is 768kbps, the
CIR is 384kbps. We need to give voice traffic 50% of the bandwidth with
priority, voice control 5% of the bandwidth. Besides, there's a need to
use fragmentation and traffic shaping.
With this situatio, I have 2 options:
#1 - Configure a policy-map (LLQ)
- configure a map-class to provide FRTS and assign the above policy map
to this map-class, in this map class, I also configure fragment with
the suitable packet size
- assign the map-class to the int DLCI
#2 - configure a policy-map (just like in #1, LLQ)
- configure a map-class to provide FRTS
- create a virtual-template, configure fragmentation and apply policy-map to this interface
- apply virtual-template and map-class to the int DLCI.
In the 2nd solution, I'm wondering where I should apply the policy-map: under virtual-template or under map-class!
one more question: in some books I've read ([productbanned],
internetworkexpert), they say that the cir configured in the map-class
should be 95% of the given CIR (that means, with the question as I
mentioned above, the command in the map-class should be: frame-relay cir 364800).
I know that in the Cisco QoS SRND, Cisco tells us to do so, but I think
that is the situation in reality, not in such an exam ! (I asked Mr.Lapukhov ten days before but got no answer yet)
Anyone having any ideas???