Issues on R4 and R5

Hi All,

i mst confess my rack time with IE has been an excellent experience.

Lately i have been experiencing some issues on the serial interfaces connecting R5 and R4.

i usu. have the line  protocol down, i thought it was a clock rate issue; so i applied clock rate to R5 serial int. but i cant see the command under the interface when i run the command 'sh run int s0/1' is that the way the command work ?. the clock rate applied is 64000

i cant even ping the ip address attached to the serial interface on the routers. i ve posed the que to graded labs and they replied that all is okay.

below is the output of sh ip int bri on both routers. This prob. affects the way my configs are supposed to work when using the workbook

Rack1R4#sh ip int bri
Interface                  IP-Address      OK? Method Status                Protocol
Ethernet0/0                164.1.49.4      YES manual up                    up     
Serial0/0                  unassigned      YES TFTP   up                    up     
Serial0/0.345              164.1.0.4       YES manual up                    up     
Ethernet0/1                204.12.1.4      YES manual up                    up     
Serial0/1                  164.1.45.4      YES manual up                    down   
Virtual-Access1            unassigned      YES unset  up                    up     
Loopback0                  150.1.4.4       YES manual up                    up     
Rack1R4#

Rack1R5(config-if)#do sh ip int bri
Interface                  IP-Address      OK? Method Status                Protocol
Ethernet0/0                10.5.5.5        YES manual up                    up     
Serial0/0                  unassigned      YES TFTP   up                    up     
Serial0/0.345              164.1.0.5       YES manual up                    up     
Ethernet0/1                164.1.55.5      YES manual up                    up     
Serial0/1                  164.1.45.5      YES manual up                    down   
Virtual-Access1            unassigned      YES unset  up                    up     
Loopback0                  150.1.5.5       YES manual up                    up

pls dont look at the hostnames i usu. use X=1, this way i dont have to modify the initial configs every time

Thanks alot

Comments