Test Call failed - T1 PRI -Unallocated (unassigned) number

hi,

1. I config MGCP gateway, and show register in CCM, also verified it hits the GW with DNA,   (I dial local phone number there, 775xxx-xxxx)

2. when "debug Q931 " also show hit GW ( 3 channel,  ISDN -PRI  , Primary NI2  (Grade Lab) )

from debug it said error :

Unallocated (unassigned) number

any idea what is wrong?

Comments

• So you're trying to make a call thru your HQ PRI to 775-xxx.xxxx and you get a Unallocated (unassigned) number message back from the "PSTN" when you attempt to place the call???  

What number are you dialing? The PSTN phone in HQ site should be 775-5YY-1111 according to the topology doc (where YY = your two digit rack number). You might also want to verify that you are sending the correct number of digits, perhaps you should be sending 7 digits instead of 10? 

The Unallocated/Unassigned Number message indicates that the PSTN router does not have the number you are calling defined in the configuration. 

• hi Matt,

Right, from HQ PRI

I phoned some number (got from Google in the Reno area, 775-XXX-XXXX) using 7 and 10 digit, all get the same error msg. And I have tested that numbers and working from office phone

so I am not sure,   is there any misconfig on GW or Telco issue?

if I look at the "debug q931"  , It send 7 or 10 digit from GW to PRI  , depends on digit I dialed

Thks

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 10:41 PM, mtoltzien <[email protected]> wrote:

So you're trying to make a call thru your HQ PRI to 775-xxx.xxxx and you get a Unallocated (unassigned) number message back from the "PSTN" when you attempt to place the call???  

What number are you dialing? The PSTN phone in HQ site should be 775-5YY-1111 according to the topology doc (where YY = your two digit rack number). You might also want to verify that you are sending the correct number of digits, perhaps you should be sending 7 digits instead of 10? 

The Unallocated/Unassigned Number message indicates that the PSTN router does not have the number you are calling defined in the configuration. 

Internetwork Expert - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation
    http://www.internetworkexpert.com

Subscription information may be found at:
    http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx

• hi Matt,

Right, from HQ PRI

I phoned some number (got from Google in the Reno area, 775-XXX-XXXX) using 7 and 10 digit, all get the same error msg. And I have tested that numbers and working from office phone

so I am not sure,   is there any misconfig on GW or Telco issue?

if I look at the "debug q931"  , It send 7 or 10 digit from GW to PRI  , depends on digit I dialed

Thks

Rather than using number from Google, you will want to use numbers which are defined in your lab... So each IE pod has a PSTN phone which has "PSTN" phone-numbers, these are the numbers that you should be calling, since you don't really have PSTN access. The Unallocated/Unassigned cause code that you received from the PSTN router tells you that what you dialed is not configured on the PSTN router.  Try calling the 775-5YY-1111 number where YY is your 2 digit lab ID number (ex 775-501-1111). Additionally you should be able to call from the HQ site to the Branch sites thru the PSTN. Note that each Branch site has a local number configured on the PSTN phone.