Berbee remote ph Control ?

hi ,

does anybody can show me how to use Berbee to control phone in GradeLab  (when we RDP to Lab Manager)?  they said do not need a license

Thks lot

Comments

• Assuming that Remote Phone Control is already installed and licensed on the XP PC... RPC is licensed based on mac-address so if it's already setup and license imported then it should not prompt you for the license on the start of the application.

All that you need to do is create a user in CallManager, lets call this user RPC, assign a password and then associate all of the IP Phones in your configuration with this user. 

Next open Remote Phone Control, configure the Publisher IP address, the username (rpc), the password, and the IP address of the phone that you wish to control. 

This should be all that you need to get started. Let me know if you have any problems with RPC, I'm have some experience with the application.

I'd like to add that when I was studying for the voice IE, I found IP Blue and IP Communicator most helpful. I would VPN into the rack rental service that I was using with two PCs, each running IPC, I setup one IPC for HQ and the other for BR-1, I then used IP Blue just for the BR2 site. I don't think I ever used Remote Phone Control. 

• tks Matt,

- that is what I did, but I heard from Grade Lab support guy, we can use the Berbee without license, there is a trick, so I am curious.

- in same cases (forgive me if wrong) , for example :MOH multicast on SRST, we have to be on the Branch subnet to simulate and tested , I guess I still need Berbee

Rgds,

•  

- in same cases (forgive me if wrong) , for example :MOH multicast on SRST, we have to be on the Branch subnet to simulate and tested , I guess I still need Berbee

Rgds,

I always used to verify Multicast MoH streaming thru show commands on the switch/routers or use the web interface on the IP Phones to determine if the stream was reaching the device.. Additionally I'd have the remote phones set for auto answer after 1-2 seconds. 

Regarding the Remote Phone Control, what exactly isn't working with it? 

-Matt

• hi Matt,

I mean I can't run the Berbee  from Grafe Lab PC (Berbee is installed ,but do not hv license), however according to Grade Lab tech support, we are able to run it without license.  And he asked me to ask in this milis forum.

Wondering if you know how to run Berbee without license?

Thks

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 10:51 PM, mtoltzien <[email protected]> wrote:

imagejcisco08:

Rgds,

I always used to verify Multicast MoH streaming thru show commands on the switch/routers or use the web interface on the IP Phones to determine if the stream was reaching the device.. Additionally I'd have the remote phones set for auto answer after 1-2 seconds. 

Regarding the Remote Phone Control, what exactly isn't working with it? 

-Matt

Internetwork Expert - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation
    http://www.internetworkexpert.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx