Multicast handling en end devices

Hello everyone,

Have a question regarding how end devices process when receiving a multicast packet; Asked myself that question while studying ipv6 topic in ccna so posting it here; sorry if wrong location;

My question is :

How end devices process received multicast packets and specifically how do they drop them ?
I mean :
For example in ipv6 neighbor discovery process; suppose an end device receives a neighbor sollicitation packet that is not destined for him ; this packet would have a layer 2 destination address of "3333.<8 last hex digits of trying to resolve host ipv6 address>" and a Layer3 destination address ok "solicited node address" ;
Will the host receiving this packet will drop it based on the layer2 multicast mac by detecting that it is not destined for him ( = it has not subscribed for that multicast group) or will it process like detecting it is a multicast frame , puch it to layer3 and then the layer3 would detect that the destination address is a multicast group the host hasn't subscribed for and then drop the packet

In brief, the packets gets drop in layer2 or layer3 ?

The all point i'm trying to figure out is the benefit of using multicast in ipv6 instead of broadcasts; i mean if the end devices have to decapsulate each packet on layer3 basis before dropping it , then i don't understand the "real/optimal" benefit

Last question, if the drops occurs in layer2; is there any table that would list the multicast mac address the end host would accept ? I see the Layer3 susbcribed multicast groups in "routing table" of end host (or for example via "netsh int ip show joins") but is there such a corresponding table for layer2 ?

In brief what is the end host logic when receiving a multicast frame/packet ?

Thank you very much for help