Is CCIE RS lab attempt still worth?

I am preparing for the CCIE RS track and since more and more organizations are going for SDWAN and automation, so is it still worth to go for RS track. Of course, RS is basis more most of the certs out there and one must possess the CCNP level of knowledge but even having CCIE level of knowledge is good, but is it worth going for the lab

Comments

• Hello singhraminder,

Yes CCIE RS still worth it .

Automation and software define networking ( SD-WAN, SD-ACCESS ) is only tools that change the way you manage the network , and add intelligence overlay to the network .

For automation and network programability , you cannot program what you dont know ( network ) , meaning that you cannot program OSPF if you dont understand OSPF

TCP is still there , Routing protocols still there , and CCIE gives you the needed knowledge to build automation and SDN upon .

Regards

• I use to get the same question why I prepare RS lab track. Ibraheem answer is rock solid!

• Hi singhraminder, good luck on CCIE RS. If you are interested with discounted CCIE written and lab voucher, you can PM me.