2.1 Wording

Ok this task pissed me off. "Do not configure static layer 3 to layer 2 mappings between R2 and R4."

I was thinking no dynamic mapping and no static mappings. Then i see use only physical interfaces. I guess its Between R2 and R4 and not ON R2 and R4.

Its easy to see how i mixed that up. I see now i just can't map from one to the other. (go through the hub). Can i expect to see wording like that on the lab?

Also just came to mind, should I always consider the OSPF network type when I configure the frame-relay? Sounds like a dumb question ha? Well I mean which should I give more weight to when considering configuration, FR or OSPF network type? (such as mapping spokes to the hub or just mapping to the hub only, broadcast keyword, etc.

Comments

• I'm always trying to keep in mind what limits/configurations the physical topology will impose on my routing protocol configuration.  Split horizon, OSPF network type, etc are things that I'm trying to keep in mind as I am scanning the diagram and the lab on my first run through, and then as I am configuring each task.  If I'm using "frame map ip", then I'll typically automatically map my own address to one of the DLCI's just to make sure that I can ping myself, and don't spend time in my verification phase checking on why I couldn't ping something.

I figure for the most part, I try to pay more attention to getting the frame relay set up first, then worry about the routing protocol, though.  If I for some reason couldn't get the frame up, the routing protocol won't do me much good!

My $.02

Also, silly question on this.  Shouldn't we have turned off inverse-arp on R5 for this task?  SG doesn't show it.

• I don't think we need to turn off inverse arp because there are subinterfaces used.

Also, silly question on this.  Shouldn't we have turned off inverse-arp on R5 for this task?  SG doesn't show it.