Workbook II Lab4 Task 5.5

Hi all,

Regarding the above task, on R6 I can recieve all VPN_B routes advertised from R1 but I can not recieve any routes in VPN_A, I treied to add a VRF instance on R4 called VPN_A and I was successful after then to recieve VPN_A routes on R6 (because R4 connects both R6 and R1), my question is why when VPN_A is not configured on R4, R6 does not recieve any VPN_A routes from R1 (although MP-BGP update propagation is enabled between R4 and R6)...

I know the question maybe little bit not clear but if you read the task of MPLS VPNs on Lab4 you will understand my question..

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• ok - no one answered this so i will try my luck

:-)

i can think of a few things that can cause this but i will have to see your configurations 1st

please post here all 3 routers' configs (R1, R4 and R6) and i will take a look and give my perspective on it

Shai

Hi all,

Regarding the above task, on R6 I can recieve all VPN_B routes advertised from R1 but I can not recieve any routes in VPN_A, I treied to add a VRF instance on R4 called VPN_A and I was successful after then to recieve VPN_A routes on R6 (because R4 connects both R6 and R1), my question is why when VPN_A is not configured on R4, R6 does not recieve any VPN_A routes from R1 (although MP-BGP update propagation is enabled between R4 and R6)...

I know the question maybe little bit not clear but if you read the task of MPLS VPNs on Lab4 you will understand my question..

Thanks in advance...