failed my Second attempt (Here is my notes)

This is my second attempt, the first on was on jun 2015. This time i was well prepared although things didn't go the way i want .

before i share my experience i would like to mention that INE material is so comprehensive and very well organized , nothing in the real exam ( technology speaking ) that is not in the workbooks or discussed in the ATC .

One draw back of INE full scale labs is that they didnt give you the real experience of the real lab ( the interface and the complexity of the topology )

The real lab topology is way huge and complex , add to that the time constrains and the atmosphere .

The only reason that someone could fail is nontechnical matters ( time management , stress management, strategy in terms of what task to do first and how to group the tasks ) .

the last three months i focused on full scale labs . A useful thing i did is that i build part of the topology and practice that part alone , playing with the protocols in that part .

i am thinking to come back two months from now , this time i am sure i am going to nail it dawn .

Regards
Ibraheem

Comments

• JoeMJoeM ✭✭✭

Three-times-is-a-charm for many people. Good luck.

• Go for it buddy, never give up.

• Thank you all

• Hi, I am trying to decide whether I am ready to take my first attempt, if you get a chance read my post that I just put up and give me your thoughts please, would be great.

https://ieoc.com/discussion/35787/am-i-ready-for-the-lab#latest

Have you gone through the Cisco 360 workbook labs? I have recently and have heard they are closer to the actual lab in terms of how questions are asked, etc. They seem quite different to the layout and questioning of INE's stuff so seem useful to get used to as well.

And all the best for your third attempt, I like your positive attitude, you will nail it In Shaa Allah! :)

• MartinLosikMartinLosik ✭✭✭

Good luck next time!

• IbraheemoIbraheemo
    edited November 6

hello friends and CCIE chasers , this Thursday 8 Nov is my third time to the Lab , i am looking to pass this time :)

• Good Luck!

• Hello Friends,

This is to inform you that i failed this time also, TS pass, Diag Pass, failed CFG

• Sorry to hear that, would be 3rd time a charm ?

• not sure if i am going to try again, it cost alot , i have to find out how would i fund the next try

• Sorry to hear that. But to be honest I really appreciate the job that you are doing. for sure its not cheap. its $1600. its not easy.
    For my personal view. Never give up. You should look at your CFG wrong steps and learn from your mistake. keep studying because you will forget what you learned since most of the technologies are not used in real life.
    For me, study -study and study then let your BOSS/Manager pay your next Schedule exam.

Really appreciated .. Thumbs up for the effort. Good luck for the 4th attempt and you will pass this time.