Cisco VIRL PE-30 node discontinued

Hi folks,
Cisco just told me my 30 node VIRL licence expires in 30 days, and that it has been discontinued. I can now only get a PE-20 node licence.

Does this mean there area whole bunch of INE topologies for R&S v5 that I can't start? Has INE moved to GNS3 now, since Cisco's incomprehensible message to the learning community with the 30 node product removal?

Thanks,
--Garfje.

Comments

• Did anybody try this?

Thanks,

Alex

• Are there any updates in this regard? I've just upgraded my computer and already intended to purchase VIRL and suddenly realized that I won't be able to start full scale INE labs on it... VIRL is useless now... so frustrating, don't know what to do next...

• alexpfalexpf ✭✭

They got rid of the 30 node license. It is possible to use GNS3 and there are other options:
    INE Lab time
    Cisco 360 labs

• but those labs are paid on per hour basis... using virl I could pay $199 for a whole year and practice on workbooks any time, even during free time periods on my work...
    As I understand the only choice I have now is plain old buddy GNS3. Does INE have pre-built lab versions for it? I haven't found.

• DennisDDennisD ✭✭
    edited March 15

@survivorman said:
    As I understand the only choice I have now is plain old buddy GNS3. Does INE have pre-built lab versions for it? I haven't found.

For VIRL or GNS3?

For VIRL there is the INE GitHub, but the only thing useful due to the 20 device restriction now is the Advanced Technology Labs and perhaps the Foundation Labs.

Prebuilt for GNS3, not from INE I believe. Google search ine gns3 topology download

You could also look into the EVE-NG community or EVE-NG Pro for a cost. Big difference from VIRL is doesn't include any devices images/licenses. One can run up to a 1024 device topology, of course dependent on resources available on the system running it. Built in Docker version of Wireshark on the PRO version, nice feature.