Finally Passed the Lab Yesterday!

Thanks to INE for all the materials, and Brian himself encouraged me a couple years ago to go for it. CCIE for routing and switching is still relevant. I'm glad I finally did it. Good luck to all of you and never give up.

Ken

Comments

• alexpfalexpf ✭✭

I was wondering if you have any study ideas for the Lab. Please comment on the Troubleshooting section, Diagnostic, and Configuration portions individually. Any info would be greatly appreciated since you just passed the lab.

• Ken congrats! What's an incredible accomplishment! The journey isn't over it's just beginning ;)

• Good job Ken!

• Congrats!
    Welcome to the club.
    Could you share some tips about how to prepare for the exam?

Thanks.

@kehagen said:
    Thanks to INE for all the materials, and Brian himself encouraged me a couple years ago to go for it. CCIE for routing and switching is still relevant. I'm glad I finally did it. Good luck to all of you and never give up.

Ken

• alexpfalexpf ✭✭

Congrats! Do you have any pointers for the triubleshooting, diagnostics, or configuration portion of the lab?

Thanks,

Alex

• Congrats! Well Done!

• sneelysneely ✭✭

That is AWESOME! wtg!

Stephanie
    Digital Marketing | INE, Inc

• Congrats ! Enjoy your success!

• kehagenkehagen ✭✭
    edited June 2017

I would advise not to do in the order I did, that is, I had to get my written passed asap because my work would not pay for the AAP, before I passed the written. So, I learned the theory without the practical. Consequently, it took me 8 times to pass. I had to circle back and study a lot of the theory as I was doing the labs. I would do as Brian suggests and study theory and practical at the same time, if I were to do it again. When I finally got really serious, I dedicated every night from 8 to midnight for a full scale config or a couple troubleshoot labs. And on Saturdays and Sundays, I did a full scale lab from 8am to 5pm including tshoot, diag, and config and then in the evenings from 7pm to about 10 or 11 I studied my gaps. I did that for about the last 6 months. To study troubleshooting, I listened to Dave Smith videos to get a good basic thought process down on how to approach it. I did all INE ATCs a couple times, before doing full scale labs. When I failed I took what I learned and went back to making my own labs, to try to learn the areas I was weak in. Breaking things down to the minimum to understand the technology really helped. I hope that helps.

• BugaziaBugazia ✭✭✭

@kehagen Congratulations mate !

If you need me, @Bugazia Me, and i'll be there .

• leminhleminh ✭✭

Congratulations!

• Congratulation :)

• Congratulations! Well deserved! :)