ESXi and CSR1000V compatibility

Hi

I am new here and just about to begin my CCIE R&S v5 lab preparation, using the INE lab of course.

My server for ESXi is a Dell R610 server with 2x E5620 processors, 72GB of memory and WD Blue 250GB SSD.

I want to install the latest and most stable versions of ESXi and CSR1000V, which versions of each is recommended and tried and tested?

From some reading concerning compatibility, if I were to install ESXi v6 and CSR1000V 3.17s or Denali 16.2 the minimum vCPU configuration is 1vCPU and 4GB RAM allocation. If I were to run 20 CSR1000V instances, that would total 80GB of RAM and my system only has 72GB, could I change it to 2.5GB as mentioned in many other threads? Would this cause any instability?

What is the difference between Cisco IOS XE 3.17s and Denali?

Sorry for all the questions, but I couldn't really find a clear answere anywhere and I don't want to waste a lot of time setting up my lab when that time could be better spent preparing for the lab exam.

Thanks

Comments

• alexpfalexpf ✭✭

Did you ever get CSR100v installed. How did you decide which size deployment to use. I was looking for hardware requirements for CSR1000v with iWan and I was not able to locate anything. I was planning on using the latest 3.16.5 code.

Thanks,

Alex