DMVPN Problem

Hi dear friend

congrates 2017

i wish all of you have a good year

i have a problem with DMVN configuration, i have a router on a Bank and this bank has many branches

this branches connect to headquarter with two paths (path1 provided bySP1 and path2 provided by SP2), i need path1 be a best path because of stability, my design is here:

i have two DMVPN tunnels

#10 on path1 between headquarter and branches over path1

#20 on path1 between headquarter and branches over path2

i set up eigrp 10 over tunnel 10 and eigrp 20 over tunnel 20, eigrp 10 is prior to eigrp 10 (i made prior with distance parameter)

now my problem is here:

whenever tunnel 10 is up, everything is ok,as soon as tunnel 10 down (for any reasons), tunnel 20 works correctly and all routes transports with eigrp 20 and so far everything is ok, but when tunnel 10 up again traffic dosn't come back to tunnel 10 and eigrp 20, 

H   Address              Interface       Hold Uptime   SRTT   RTO  Q    Seq

(sec)         (ms)        Cnt    Num

1   17.0.0.2                Tu10                      12 00:00:06       1      4500  1  0

0   17.0.0.3                Tu10                      12 00:00:06       1      4500  1  0

as you see above, when physical problem on tunnel 10 resolved, eigrp neighbor doesn't form correctly and Q cnt=1 (for forming adjacecny need be 0)

for resolving this problem i should shut and no shut tunnel#10 on headquarter and branches.

please help me if you can friends

regards

Reza

Comments

• Hi Reza 

I'm building an iwan design for a customer and used the recently released Cisco Iwan book. I recommend you do the same. I recommend using one eigrp instance and use eigrp metrics like delay to effect primary from secondary.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 31, 2016, at 9:09 PM, rezamira <bounce-rezamira@ieoc.com> wrote:

Hi dear friend

congrates 2017

i wish all of you have a good year

i have a problem with DMVN configuration, i have a router on a Bank and this bank has many branches

this branches connect to headquarter with two paths (path1 provided bySP1 and path2 provided by SP2), i need path1 be a best path because of stability, my design is here:

i have two DMVPN tunnels

#10 on path1 between headquarter and branches over path1

#20 on path1 between headquarter and branches over path2

i set up eigrp 10 over tunnel 10 and eigrp 20 over tunnel 20, eigrp 10 is prior to eigrp 10 (i made prior with distance parameter)

now my problem is here:

whenever tunnel 10 is up, everything is ok,as soon as tunnel 10 down (for any reasons), tunnel 20 works correctly and all routes transports with eigrp 20 and so far everything is ok, but when tunnel 10 up again traffic dosn't come back to tunnel 10 and eigrp 20, 

H   Address              Interface       Hold Uptime   SRTT   RTO  Q    Seq

(sec)         (ms)        Cnt    Num

1   17.0.0.2                Tu10                      12 00:00:06       1      4500  1  0

0   17.0.0.3                Tu10                      12 00:00:06       1      4500  1  0

as you see above, when physical problem on tunnel 10 resolved, eigrp neighbor doesn't form correctly and Q cnt=1 (for forming adjacecny need be 0)

for resolving this problem i should shut and no shut tunnel#10 on headquarter and branches.

please help me if you can friends

regards

Reza

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.INE.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx
  • Thanks dear friend

i will check it

regards

• This is a very easy solution. Use 1 EIGRP ASN for both DMVPN clouds, on tunnel 20 use the "delay 1000" option to be less preferred than tunnel 10. If tunnel 10 goes down, Tunnel 20 will take over based on EIGRP Feasible sucessor. When Tunnel 10 comes backup, it will be the preferred path based on the Feasible Distance. 

I currently have this same deployment model in place for iWAN and leveraging EIGRP Delay as the mechanism. You could also use iBGP and local preference as well. The choice is yours. 

Let me know if you need further assistance on this :)