CCNA v3.0 Videos

Several folks have reached out to me who are currently preparing for their CCNA Routing-and-Switching exam with questions about the applicability of our current CCNA video series, "CCNA Routing and Switching Technologies" with regards to the recent update of the CCNA exam from v2.0 to v3.0.  So I wanted to address that in this forum.

To start, if you haven't already done so I would strongly recommend going to Cisco's website that details the changes between the "old" CCNA v2.0 exam and the new v3.0 exam: https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/ccna-rs-certification

After reading that page and viewing the content/titles of our existing CCNA Technologies videos you'll see that, while some topics have migrated between exams (i.e. stuff that was previously in the ICND1 is now in ICND2 and vice-versa), 90% of what is contained in our videos (and the existing CCENT series) is still applicable to those studying for the new exam(s).

However, I have already completed a brand-new set of ICND1 v3.0 videos that will be published around August 23rd to match everything in the new ICND1 v3.0 exam blueprint (100-105). also, as of this writing (August 15th) I am also beginning work on a new set of ICND2 videos (200-105) which should be completed and on our website around early September.

Good luck in your studies and keep continuing to post your comments/questions in this forum.  Your insights and knowledge have greatly helped many other people!

Kind regards,

Keith

Comments

• MartinlMartinl ✭✭✭

Thanks for info.  Swiching to new CCNA cert, we really need DMVPN theory and practice. otherwise, everything else seems to be same.  right?

• Many of the new topics in the CCNA v3.0 exam(s) fall under the category of "describe"...meaning you don't need to know IOS commands to configure or troubleshoot them. You just need an understanding of the theory. DMVPN falls into this category.

There are other, new topics in the exam that also fall under this category of "describe" (like the basics of Cloud Computing and SDN, DHCP Snooping on switches, QoS basics, and others).

Frame-Relay is no longer a part of the exam so you can forget about that. It seems that there is now more emphasis on PPP and PPPoE to make-up for the removal of Frame-Relay. Also, they have added eBGP as a basic configuration topic (just forming an eBGP peering with another router and advertising simple networks...a total of three new IOS commands). There are also a handful of other new topics that require knowledge of IOS configuration commands.

I would strongly encourage you to look at that link I provided and compare the old CCNA exams to the newer revisions.

Keith

• MartinlMartinl ✭✭✭

PPPoE ...forgot about this one; PPPoE, DMVPN and DHCP snooping are important and go all the way to ccie rs.  I would focus on those if I were studying for ccna

thx

• Hi Keith,

Course files are missing from your new 200-125 lecture series, it is convinient to write directly on them for study puposes.

Will it be available soon?

Regards

Mahir

• I was told that they would be added to the courses yesterday (September 13th).  I see that right now...they still aren't there.  All I can tell you is that our web developers are aware of the need to post those files and will get to it as soon as they can.