New to CCNA

Hello All,

I've always been a closet techie and have fair amount of knowledge about computers and networking. I've decided to finally get my CCNA at the ripe old age of 48 so I just signed up for INE's course. Does anyone have any knowledge or input if companies are open to hiring someone my age that is just getting into the CCNA arena?

Thanks,

Roland

Comments

• peetypeety ✭✭

Just google it or search your favorite job search site. I wouldn't put CCNA as "highly coveted", but many of the various Cisco resellers out there need a certain number of certified folks on staff to meet reseller requirements, so that could be one of your better options (use the Cisco website under How to Buy to find Partners). CCNA can also demonstrate "test-taking aptitude", which these resellers may seek for the Cisco sales certifications (generally easier than CCNA/CCNP stuff, but a requirement for these resellers, and something they're apt to need if another certified employee just departed).

• Thank you for all the information. I decided on starting with CCNA Routing and Switching based on a recommendation from a neighbor who's in the industry. It sounds like you have a lot of experience as well. Would you recommend starting with CCNA if you were to give advice to someone just starting out in the industry?

• MartinlMartinl ✭✭✭

CCNA is good idea. start small, getting more knoweldge as u go thru CCNP to CCIE. Getting job after CCNA might be challenge unless u have a lot of expierience.  everyone needs CCIEs it seems. 

• Cheers to your decision ..... Hope you have a wonder new year ahead.