INE SPv4 Advanced Technologies VIRL labs broken

So far all the labs I've loaded have the same issue - any interface using dot1q tags doesn't work through an unamanged switch. I went through the posts but am not seeing anyone else reporting this specific issue.

Pinging through an unmanaged switch without tags works fine.

Is this issue known?

The older SPv4 lab topology seems to work fine. Not seeing what the difference is, since that also uses an unmanaged switch.

Using VIRL 1.2.64

Comments

• And if it helps, replacing the unmanaged switch with an iosvL2 device also behaves exactly the same after configuring all ports as trunks.

• I dont use an unmanaged switch with VIRL. I use a IOSvL2 switch and setup the ports with trunks. I havent had any problems. It does depend on what your testing.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy® Note 4.

-------- Original message --------
    Date: 7/14/16 10:43 AM (GMT-06:00)
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [CCIE SP General] INE SPv4 Advanced Technologies VIRL labs broken

So far all the labs I've loaded have the same issue - any interface using dot1q tags doesn't work through an unamanged switch. I went through the posts but am not seeing anyone else reporting this specific issue.

Pinging through an unmanaged switch without tags works fine.

Is this issue known?

The older SPv4 lab topology seems to work fine. Not seeing what the difference is, since that also uses an unmanaged switch.

Using VIRL 1.2.64

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.INE.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx
  • It probably has something to do with my installation. Even if I create a completely new topology, tagged frames don't pass whether it's unmanaged or IOSvL2. Still can't figure out why old topologies work, though. So strange.

All VIRL status and operations checks pass.

Thanks for the reply.

• Anyone using VIRL 1.2.64 will likely see this issue. Several others have noticed the same thing and posted to the VIRL discussion boards. Devs have yet to reply or acknowledge it.

I reinstalled VIRL 1.1.1 from the OVA and now it's once again working. My advice to anyone thinking about upgrading is to wait till the next replease after 1.2.64.

Installed a fresh copy of 1.2.64 from OVA thinking maybe something failed during an in-place upgrade, but pristine 1.2.64 behaves exactly the same.

Thanks

• It only happened on CSR1000v 16.2.2

Just revert back CSR1000v to the prior version and the connection working well.

Many Thanks.

Tsakif.

• Can you please tell me how to revert back? I have the same problem...but how to revert back to the older image?

• Hi,

You can downloaded the prior version from VIRL website then access your UWM.

Going to node resource --> images, delete the new one then add the old one.

Many Thanks,

Tsakif.

• With unamanaged switche if you add native  it will work , R1 int gig2.12 enc dot1q vlan 12 native and on R2 int g2.12 enc dot1q vlan 12 native, will work if you dont want to revert image, as i am building my own labs from scratch for the time being i can go through the exercise 

• if you add native after the vlan id it seems to work with same new image on unmanaged switch