Senior CISCO Network Engineer (R&S) Needed in Chicago
BridgePoint Technologies has a direct client request for a Senior
Network Engineer. Our client is a fast growing company and has
many projects involving Global Network infrastructure that needs to
be completed within the coming years. We are actively seeking a
CCIE (written) level consultant (or equal experience), with hands on
level 2 -3 experience. All hardware is cutting edge, and this
opportunity will provide exposure to world wide networks.
Under the general supervision of the Head of Network Services; the
Network Engineer is to participate in the design, and participate in
the implementation, and operation of a large global enterprise data
communication network. The main objective of this position is the
long-term design and operation of a complex corporate network, to
develop and support connectivity to several outside networks, and
to provide remedial services to network faults in order to meet the
A primary activity of the Network Engineer is to provide support for
all network system related issues including; firewalls, VPN, switches,
routers, IDP, etc. This individual will also be responsible for network
traffic monitoring, analysis, and troubleshooting. The Network
Engineer will also liaise with vendors and maintain Clients / service
The incumbent is required to be highly qualified for a large variety of
networking technologies, to possess excellent analytical skills and
to demonstrate a high degree of interpersonal abilities. This
individual will interact with other Infrastructure personnel as well as
other Client and third-party individuals.
* Assists in configuration and installation of data communications
equipment as needed.
* Acts as an escalation point for network problems.
* Assists in the configuration and installation of network devices.
* Maintains and documents the network system.
* Assists with the implementation of network standards and
* Monitors and reports network problems.
* Maintains purchase orders and maintenance agreements.
* Interfaces closely with production services staff.
* Evaluates customer requests or project tasks, analyzes
requirements and pertinent technical information, then develops
and implements quality, cost-effective solutions.
* Installs, customizes, and tests network communications systems.
* Reviews current network system configurations and performance,
reviews technical reports, makes recommendations and assists with
design solutions to meet short- and long-range goals.
* Provides operational and technical support of advanced
information network hardware and software.
* Analyzes and participates in the development of security
standardization and implementation of security controls for local and
wide area networks.
* Participates in the development and enforcement of networking
systems standards and policies for connected computing
* Reviews problem reporting and customer request systems and
updates status or resolution text with current information.
* Keeps professional skills updated and consistent with current
information systems networking technology and desktop
Contact Brad or Jeff at 630-368-2981 or at [email protected]