CCDP Prepation Resources

Guys,

I was looking for CCDP Prep Resources as we can find for CCDE prep resources on cisco site, does anyone know how to find it ?

Comments

• tmanitotmanito ✭✭✭

Guys,

I was looking for CCDP Prep Resources as we can find for CCDE prep resources on cisco site, does anyone know how to find it ?

Wait for this book by two CCDE's Andre Laurent and Marwan Al-shawi http://www.amazon.com/Designing-Network-Architectures-Foundation-Learning/dp/158714462X

HTH,

Timothy Manito 

Hope this helps!

Timothy Q. Manito

• Timothy,

Thanks for that , do you have an idea when it will be release ? My Certification will expire in September but I am preparing myself to take the exam before Aug.....

• I used the Tiso book, but the exam has changed.  I have not compared the blueprints between the 642 and the 300 exam, so can not say what has changed.  Keep in mind you will need most of the Route and Switch info as well.

You do realize you only have to pass any CCNP level exam to recertify?  Hard study for 3 months you could do most NP level stuff.  Good luck!

• Thanks a lot for that.

another question , how do you usually study ? Watching video and taking notes ? Reading book s and taking notes, then getting back to it ?

Thanks

• Study techniques are very dependent on how you learn best.  I also think it is very related to the subject matter.  CCDP is mostly theory, so the reading, taking notes, watching video will cover most of it.  Some people need more hands on to learn which makes the ARCH exam very hard for them as it is mostly head knowledge.  Know your learning styles and what works best for you.  That is not to say you shouldn't experiment and try different methods of learning.  An example is I learn well by reading and taking notes and in person lecturing.  I do not learn as well with videos.  Seems strange, until you factor in the live class room allows you to interact with the class and the instructor.

Hopefully that helps.

• Thanks for that...yes CCDP and CCDE seems to be more theory and reading the LAB.

The problem is, for example, the CCDE reading list has BGP D & I, it is a big book, how longe would you take to read the entire book ? it would take months so you can move forward....until you have the whole reading list done, it would be a year or even more.....is that make sense ? how would you guys do in this case ?

• peetypeety ✭✭

Thanks for that...yes CCDP and CCDE seems to be more theory and reading the LAB.

The problem is, for example, the CCDE reading list has BGP D & I, it is a big book, how longe would you take to read the entire book ? it would take months so you can move forward....until you have the whole reading list done, it would be a year or even more.....is that make sense ? how would you guys do in this case ?

I'm sure CCDP has changed a lot since I took it, but back in the day, sure it was theoretical, but it was reasonable and almost obvious theory that was easy to grasp.

CCDE is of course an expert-level exam. How long to read the book? Not the question. How long to become an expert at the material? That's the part where you earn your plaque.