Cisco Presence Server installation issue

Hi;

I'm trying to install Cisco Presence Server on a VM but this message appears. there is no mismatch between security password between CUCM and Presence, as I tried it before. while using the wrong password on Presence while installation proceeds, the error shown is changed mentioning possible wrong security password. but after using the correct password, the following message appears:

the software version that I'm using is "Bootable_UCSInstall_UCOS_11.0.1.10000-10.sgn" and "Bootable-UCSInstall_CUP_11.0.1.10000-6.sgn". is the minor difference between these images origin of the issue? it is good to mention that I add Presence server's IP address to the CUCM before installing Presence on VM through System>Server menu. Also during the installation on the Presence, the CUCM server is up and reachable. 

Comments

• Hello Timay,

According to your post, you're trying to install IM&P 11 right?

Have you add this IM&P node to the CUCM DB before the installation? Just as a reminder, before installing any supplementary node in a CUCM cluster (CUCM sub or IM&P sub), you have to go to CUCM admin wepage > system > server and click on "add new" and add the new sub you want to add to the cluster.

You have to perform this action before launching the installation of the Sub. During the installation, this Sub will connect to the Pub and the Pub will check it already has a reference for this Sub in the DB.

Rémi

Rémi
    CCIE Collaboration #57461

• timaztimaz ✭✭

According to your post, you're trying to install IM&P 11 right?

Have you add this IM&P node to the CUCM DB before the installation? Just as a reminder, before installing any supplementary node in a CUCM cluster (CUCM sub or IM&P sub), you have to go to CUCM admin wepage > system > server and click on "add new" and add the new sub you want to add to the cluster.

You have to perform this action before launching the installation of the Sub. During the installation, this Sub will connect to the Pub and the Pub will check it already has a reference for this Sub in the DB.

I didn't know this, so I did not add it before launching the installation process. but after seeing the error message, I did it in the same way to mentioned. then I press the Review button on the screen and trigger the Network Connectivity Check of the Presence Server installation wizard, but the error didn't disapear. would the cancelling the setup and restarting the installation wizard resolve the issue?

• timaztimaz ✭✭

I delete the Presence Server VM and add it again and this time I was successful. as "Remi" said, adding the Presence Server to the CUCM DB after launching the Presence server installation doesn't work. it must be done BEFORE launching the installation. anyway, tnx for your help.