CCIE SPv4 INE VIRL topology - update

Hi

I would like to share some details about L2VPN dataplane in VIRL on CSR 1000v.

Via Virtual unmanaged switch data plane doesn't work, however if you replace virtual switch with iosl2-v then data plane si working.

The only change is that you need create VLANs on switch and configure each Gi1 port to CSR 1000v as trunk. The same for IOS Xrv facing ports.

Single iosl2 instance has 16 ports. So INE topology for 14 nodes is fine. For 24 you will need 2 switches and also trunk between them.

The problem with vritual unmanaged switch is that you probably need more than one similar to INE CCIE SPV4 topology for ESXi. However i dont know if each virtual unmanaged switch added to topology is different or not

Comments

• tmanitotmanito ✭✭✭

Hi

I would like to share some details about L2VPN dataplane in VIRL on CSR 1000v.

Via Virtual unmanaged switch data plane doesn't work, however if you replace virtual switch with iosl2-v then data plane si working.

The only change is that you need create VLANs on switch and configure each Gi1 port to CSR 1000v as trunk. The same for IOS Xrv facing ports.

Single iosl2 instance has 16 ports. So INE topology for 14 nodes is fine. For 24 you will need 2 switches and also trunk between them.

The problem with vritual unmanaged switch is that you probably need more than one similar to INE CCIE SPV4 topology for ESXi. However i dont know if each virtual unmanaged switch added to topology is different or not

Thanks for sharing your findings! [:D] 

Hope this helps!

Timothy Q. Manito