Basic: device provisoning

Hi;

I have one Cisco 7821 Auto-registered device with assigned auto-prefix to it. but the phone displays "Login" page and push me to enter UserID and PIN to provision the device. I repeatedly press Exit buttom but the message appears again and again. I enters the username and password for the local user that I've created before on the CUCM but the "Error Processing the Request" message is shown everytime. the settings are as follows:

1- Self Provisoning > Require Authentication For Users Only

2- User Settings > User Profile > Standard (Factory Default) User Profile > all of the field are set to "Auto-Registeration Template" and the Self-Provisoning is Enabled option is checked. 

3. A local user named "LUSER1" is created on CUCM which is member of Standard CCM Und User" group. also I associated the auto-registered 7821 device to this user on CUCM and have assigned a password and PIN to it. 

So why I cannot login despite that I entered the credentials correctly? I also can login to the CCMuser web page with the same credentials and can see the prefix and phone that have been associated with the mentioned user?

Comments

• After making sure that the phone is configured in CCM, factory default the phone.  I've had this in production environments, and defaulting the phone corrects the issue 

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 20, 2016, at 10:42 AM, timaz <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi;

I have one Cisco 7821 Auto-registered device with assigned auto-prefix to it. but the phone displays "Login" page and push me to enter UserID and PIN to provision the device. I repeatedly press Exit buttom but the message appears again and again. I enters the username and password for the local user that I've created before on the CUCM but the "Error Processing the Request" message is shown everytime. the settings are as follows:

1- Self Provisoning > Require Authentication For Users Only

2- User Settings > User Profile > Standard (Factory Default) User Profile > all of the field are set to "Auto-Registeration Template" and the Self-Provisoning is Enabled option is checked. 

3. A local user named "LUSER1" is created on CUCM which is member of Standard CCM Und User" group. also I associated the auto-registered 7821 device to this user on CUCM and have assigned a password and pin to it. 

So why I cannot login despite that I entered the credentials correctly? I also can login to the CCMuser web page with the same credentials and can see the prefix and phone that have been associated with me. 

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.INE.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx
  • timaztimaz ✭✭

After making sure that the phone is configured in CCM, factory default the phone.  I've had this in production environments, and defaulting the phone corrects the issue 

Hi;

I reset one of the phones to its factory default but the issue was not resolved. it asks again and again for userID and PIN repeatedly even after submiting correct ID and PIN. but I can make calls between them while in off-hook mode. did I miss something here?