3 months into CCIE R&S Thinking of switching to SP - Thoughts?

Hey all,

here is the deal. I have spent most of my networking career (about 6 years now) studying RnS related material although the past 2 years i have been doing SP specific work so its very fresh. I currently have my CCNP RS and i have been studying for the CCIE RS for the past 3 months however i work for a SP where mpls - specifically l2vpns is the main focus. Im starting to wonder if i should switch to studying the CCIE SPv4.

i looked through the SPv4 workbook and it seems a little bit skinny compared to the RnS - is the SP material complete? is the SP more or less difficult? does it makes sense to go for the SP while i only have CCNP RS?

anyway just looking for thought/suggestions 

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Hi Kingdom_14,

Short answer: go where your heart is at.

Long answer: R&S and SP have some overlap and can compliment each other. So your effort so far is not wasted. Open up the blueprint for each and see how much you are comfortable in each section. If your decision is solely based on L2vpn activity at work now, consider that is is not majority topic in SP also .

So there is no one magic answer. It all depends on you. If planning to stay long with your current SP company, I would chase the SP track and do R&S later.

Sincerely,
    TF

On Apr 2, 2016, at 1:19 AM, Kingdom_14 <[email protected]> wrote:

Hey all,

here is the deal. I have spent most of my networking career (about 6 years now) studying RnS related material although the past 2 years i have been doing SP specific work so its very fresh. I currently have my CCNP RS and i have been studying for the CCIE RS for the past 3 months however i work for a SP where mpls - specifically l2vpns is the main focus. Im starting to wonder if i should switch to studying the CCIE SPv4.

i looked through the SPv4 workbook and it seems a little bit skinny compared to the RnS - is the SP material complete? is the SP more or less difficult? does it makes sense to go for the SP while i only have CCNP RS?

anyway just looking for thought/suggestions 

Thanks in advance

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.INE.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx
  • tmanitotmanito ✭✭✭

I think the workbook is not yet complete and there is no rack rentals for it too.

Hope this helps!

Timothy Q. Manito