Reset cisco 7941

I followed a documentation from cisco to reset cisco 7941 ip phone. But it went to upgrading mode where i see Upgrading...... And it keeps on restarting... again goes to upgrading. UPgrading ends with error and again restarts.

Steps:

Reset the 7941 and 7961 IP Phones to the Factory Default

Complete these steps:

Unplug the power cable from the phone, and then plug in the cable again.

The phone begins its power up cycle.

Immediately press and hold # while the Headset, Mute, and Speaker buttons flash in sequence. Release # after the Speaker button is no longer lit.

The line buttons flash in sequence in order to indicate that the phone waits for you to enter the key sequence for the reset.

Press 123456789*0# within 60 seconds after the Headset, Mute, and Speaker buttons begin to flash.

If you repeat a key within the sequence, for example, if you press 1223456789*0#, the sequence is still accepted and the phone resets.

If you do not complete this key sequence or do not press any keys, after 60 seconds the Headset, Mute, and Speaker buttons no longer flash, and the phone continues with its normal startup process. The phone does not reset.

If you enter an invalid key sequence, the buttons no longer flash, and the phone continues with its normal startup process. The phone does not reset.

If you enter this key sequence correctly, the phone displays this prompt:

upgrading....

Anyone please help....

Comments

• tmanitotmanito ✭✭✭

Search this also in the net and found out that "Upgrading" displayed on the phone shows that the resetting process is done.

Hope this helps!

Timothy Q. Manito

• You need an intermediate upgrade, please read this post

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10788016/7941g-stuck-firmware-upgrade-loop

You can use this procedure to do an upgrade without a CUCM, just in case

http://draganchilly.blogspot.cl/2014/02/cisco-ip-phone-recovery-procedure.html

Best Regards

Hendry Moreno

De: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
    En nombre de kijush.maharjan

Enviado el: jueves, 24 de marzo de 2016 8:16

Para: Moreno Diaz Hendry Andres

Asunto: [CCIE Voice] Reset cisco 7941

I followed a documentation from cisco to reset cisco 7941 ip phone. But it went to upgrading mode where i see Upgrading...... And it keeps on restarting... again goes to upgrading. UPgrading ends with error and again restarts.

Steps:

Reset the 7941 and 7961 IP Phones to the Factory Default

Complete these steps:

Unplug the power cable from the phone, and then plug in the cable again.

The phone begins its power up cycle.

Immediately press and hold # while the Headset, Mute, and Speaker buttons flash in sequence. Release # after the Speaker button is no longer lit.

The line buttons flash in sequence in order to indicate that the phone waits for you to enter the key sequence for the reset.

Press 123456789*0# within 60 seconds after the Headset, Mute, and Speaker buttons begin to flash.

If you repeat a key within the sequence, for example, if you press 1223456789*0#, the sequence is still accepted and the phone resets.

If you do not complete this key sequence or do not press any keys, after 60 seconds the Headset, Mute, and Speaker buttons no longer flash, and the phone continues with its normal startup process. The phone does not reset.

If you enter an invalid key sequence, the buttons no longer flash, and the phone continues with its normal startup process. The phone does not reset.

If you enter this key sequence correctly, the phone displays this prompt:

upgrading....

Anyone please help....

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.INE.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx

Este correo es dirigido solo a las personas que aparecen como destinatarios y

puede contener información confidencial o privilegiada. Si usted recibió este correo

por error, por favor notificar inmediatamente al emisor y elimine el correo original.

Cualquier otro uso de este correo esta prohibido.

*********************************************************************************************

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged or

confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender

immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the email is prohibited.

• When you upgrading behind what ?

Some issue about the upgrading on your labs it's because you connect that on L2VPN and you used Hard Reset, really i don't why in which situation you need that, it's end off with soft reset.

• I tried everything i could googling around. 

Lastly what i found is the ip phone was not being able to connect to the tftp server due to some firewall issues. Once i fixed the issue, it started working good.

Thanks you all for your reply.

• So you issue been resolved ?

• Yes it's resolved for now.

Thank you all.

:)

• A very nice blog, I like the way you share very honestly and interestingly, through my blog I learned a lot of things. candy crush soda