CCIE review policy

Hi all,

I just failed on my CCIE Collaboration lab attempt, which is frustating but reviewing the score there are things which I don't understand. When you fail you get a % of scoring in every section (Infrastructure, CUCM, Unity, UCCX,etc..) and I got a 0 on both UCCX and IM but I'm pretty sure that I got all the points on these sections. So I started looking what do I have to do to request a review and I found out that I'm "not eligible".

Does it mean I cannot request a review? Why? I'm not sure if I want to request this review or not since I also missed points on other sections, but at least I'd like to have the option...Does anyone know why a candidate would not be eligible for a review?

Thanks,

Regards,

Jose Manuel

Comments

• Max u will get, are few more points which won't help u.  Put your energy in preparing for next attempt

On Nov 12, 2015 5:35 PM, "JoseManuel" <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi all,

I just failed on my CCIE Collaboration lab attempt, which is frustating but reviewing the score there are things which I don't understand. When you fail you get a % of scoring in every section (Infrastructure, CUCM, Unity, UCCX,etc..) and I got a 0 on both UCCX and IM but I'm pretty sure that I got all the points on these sections. So I started looking what do I have to do to request a review and I found out that I'm "not eligible".

Does it mean I cannot request a review? Why? I'm not sure if I want to request this review or not since I also missed points on other sections, but at least I'd like to have the option...Does anyone know why a candidate would not be eligible for a review?

Thanks,

Regards,

Jose Manuel

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.INE.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx
  • peetypeety ✭✭✭

I got burned by this policy as well, and honestly I'm still pissed about it. Cisco claims that their research has indicated that scores below a certain percentage can "never" result in a PASS, so "to save money and resources" they don't allow the review/regrade opportunity.

For the exam where I got screwed, I walked out of the room thinking I had 64 points out of 78 on config, and my score report indicated that I had received only 24 points, which included only 3 points out of 30 in Layer 3. Trust me, I'm not that bad on routing, so clearly something was wrong. I "vented" about it during the lunch break of my next (and final, and passing) lab attempt, and long story short, the proctor said "that test has had an abnormally low pass rate"...makes me think the solution guide was fundamentally flawed.

• Thanks for all the answers. Yes, I agree that it'd pretty sure a waste of money, but I think it should be my decision, don't you think? As I told before, I got a 0 on both IM and UCCX, which were 10 points and I'm quite sure I wasn't more than 50% wrong on the CUCM part.. But, anyway, it is as it is, so if I'm not allowed to request a review, there's nothing to think about. I'll focus on my new attempt, hopefully the last one...

Regards.

Jose Manuel

• I know someone got pass after they ask for review but that was R&S and they use script for it.
    other CCIE someone has to review it so it most likey a waste

No matter what it's waste of money to ask for review unless you are dead sure since someone can make mistake.

i think someone said over 90% of the fail score will keep the fail score after review.

• peetypeety ✭✭✭

I know someone got pass after they ask for review but that was R&S and they use script for it.
    other CCIE someone has to review it so it most likey a waste

No matter what it's waste of money to ask for review unless you are dead sure since someone can make mistake.

i think someone said over 90% of the fail score will keep the fail score after review.

Have you been there?

R&S scoring is fairly simple: you start with 0 points. The script gives points where it can ("green"), not where it can't ("red"). Apparently it's seven mouse clicks and 30 seconds. When done, if your score is high enough to pass, you pass. If not, a human reviews the red and moves to green if appropriate. When done, if your score is high enough to pass, you pass, if not, you fail.

That said, at least a few of us here are convinced that one of the v4 R&S labs had major flaws in the grading methodology. Just because a human reviews it, doesn't mean they read the original question...merely that they look to see if certain "stuff" is present. If that criteria is flawed, all hope is lost. On my next-to-last attempt (9th visit to the lab, if you're not aware, so I was familar with the process), my personal tally led me to think that I had 65 of 78 points "comfortably". That should have been enough to squeak by. However, after reverse-engineering my score based on the "score report", apparently I had only received 24 points, and only 3 of 30 points in routing. Those who know me, know that I'm quite solid on routing (and suck at the fancy poo like multicast, EEM, fine minutae of QoS, etc.) so for me to only get 1 question right in the routing section is a sign that there's a problem with the grading. Others have felt the same way too. Alas, the proctor and I spoke after my final (pass) attempt, and he admitted that the lab with *** had "an abnormally low pass rate". Uh, ding ding ding! Yet my score was SO LOW that I couldn't pay for a review.

In my eyes, a review makes sense if you're one question away from a pass (though the new "you can pass each section but still fail the exam" logic makes this a tougher threshold to judge...used to be black/white), or if the results don't come close to expectations (though it's possible you won't qualify for a review at this point).