Things to do while we await the v4 materials going final.
Hello everyone, in the middle of summer INE had posted on their SPv4 video series a
completion date of "End of August 2015". The workbook was also
supposed to be finished in/around the same time. In talking with INE
sales around the middle of September I was told there was a delay and to keep
an eye out for the new materials. I had just finished the SPv3 ATC videos and
ran through the entire work book so I decided to take a 2 week break from
studying. That has now turned into a 6 week break as I’m eagerly awaiting
the new materials so i can try to target an spring 2016 lab attempt.
I am seeing a large number of posts on the IEOC and other CCIE forums where
people are starting to grow restless. I am going to try and remediate
that with some stop gaps while we wait for new materials.
I have compiled
a list of materials in hopes to help everyone:
1. VIRL - https://virl.cisco.com - 150$/year
2. Routing Bits CCIE SP book - http://routing-bits.com/handbook-for-sp/ -
99$ While this book is version 3 it’s still a fantastic purchase and
when/if he updates you should get the free version upgrade.
3. INE Version 3 ATC SP Videos - nearly 90% of it has to carry over, and
even that 10% you may not get tested on could help with the written or your
4. INE Version 3 Workbook - fantastic workbook, I’ve run through it twice in
an effort to stay sharp in the SP space.
5. Metro Ethernet Forum CECP v2.0 Intro:
- Free with Kindle Unlimited (don’t know what that means), Free to borrow on
kindle if you have amazon prime (no idea what “borrow” means), I purchased the
32$ version so I can write in it as I take notes.
6. Cisco Live Presentations for SP related topics (all you have to do is
create a free account):
A: BRKMPL-2333 - E-VPN & PBB-EVPN: the Next Generation of MPLS-based
L2VPN (2015 San Diego) -
B: BRKMPL-2101 - Deploying MPLS-based Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks (2015
San Diego) -
C: BRKMPL-2100 - Deploying MPLS Traffic Engineering (2015 San Diego) -
there are a ton more of these im just linking some that are relative
to the CCIE-SP track.
7. INE Version 4 ATC SP videos and workbook - while both are not complete
and I have not personally run through either of these yet if you are itching
for something to do it really can’t hurt you.
8. www.reddit.com/r/ccie - there is a good
number of people working on the CCIE-SP track that post in that
sub-reddit. The CCIE-SP posts tend to
come and go in bunches but I try to check in once a week to see if anything is
9. Lastly, and I may face some scrutiny on this, if you are done with
everything above and still waiting on v4 materials you can reach out to Narbik's team and they will sell you the CCIE-SP
version 3 materials for 50% off while they are developing their v4 materials. https://micronicstraining.com/product/advanced-ccie-service-provider-v3-0/
As always I hope this helps everyone fill the void and not
give up on this track while we wait the finalization of the INE materials.