GNS3 topology for complete build of R&S V4 and V5

Dear All, 

I hope this will not be a dumb question but I bought today the R&s workbook bundle v5 and was hoping to find the GNS3 topology along with the diagram and initial configurations but could not find them . 

Do they exist somewhere and if yes can you please tell me where to find them ? 

thanks 

K

Comments

• see if u can find configs and setip for GNS3 here under ccie racks building or ccie technical or something like that.  there is topic dedicated to build lab .

configs with wb are for ine rack which is csr1000v and 4 real switches.  you would have to convert that, which is not that hard.

• thanks guys..it was helpful for me

• alexpfalexpf ✭✭

@annchriss234
    I am using Cisco VIRL for the CCIE Route/Switch and it is working very well. It does take a significant hardware requirement, but I downloaded the INE configurations from GitHub.

• tmanitotmanito ✭✭✭

@alexpf said:
    @annchriss234
    I am using Cisco VIRL for the CCIE Route/Switch and it is working very well. It does take a significant hardware requirement, but I downloaded the INE configurations from GitHub.

@alexpf how do you find the VIRL installation? is it hard to setup?

Hope this helps!

Timothy Q. Manito

• BugaziaBugazia ✭✭✭

Basically you can use GNS3 for almost 60 percent of your studies , but beyond that you will have to use CSR1000V images running on an ESXI Server , plus buying Real Switches (four of them, 3550's or 3560's are good enough)
    personally i like to use INE Rack rentals because it saves you 30 minutes every time you setup a topology, it basically automatically is setup, especially for when're doing topics like Multicast,MPLS..etc..
    also INE Rack rentals is what you should use for the CCIE Tshoot and Full scale labs. because you don't wanna be having gns3 bugs on those type of labs

If you need me, @Bugazia Me, and i'll be there .

• I don't recommend CSR100v image to run under EXSI server coz ESXI and CRS both need to much RAM so Its good idea to run it under Qemu, which I have run successfully.

• alexpfalexpf ✭✭

@tmanito

The VIRL installation is made available for download after purchasing it from the Cisco VIRL site.

http://virl.cisco.com/

Thanks,

Alex