EIGRP stub leak-map and keyword combinations

Hi,

I did a little test today to check interactions of stub leak-maps and and stub options (connected, summary, static, redist...).

From that little lab I understood that:

• Under default options (connected + summary) the leak map matching internal eigrp routes, will leak the internal eigrp routes even if only the connected is an option (meaning will advertise any eigrp matched by the leak map). In a way, the leak-map bypasses the options for EIGRP routes
  • However, if the leak matches external (static redistributed) routes it will only leak them if the the corresponding option (static/redistributed) is configured.

Is this understanding correct?

Mario

Comments

• Correct but you need to understand why by understanding the functionality; stub by default means you can only advertise to your neighbors only configured summaries and connected/static routes matched by network command; when you add the leak-map you allow the router to also advertise/leak to its neighbors routes learned from other neighbors matched by the route-map; if you want to also advertise locally redistributed routes , that's not leaking so it is not affected by the route-map, you have to enable the feature with static/redistributed.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 8, 2015, at 22:04, maapinho <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,

I did a little test today to check interactions of stub leak-maps and and stub options (connected, summary, static, redist...).

From that little lab I understood that:

• Under default options (connected + summary) the leak map matching internal eigrp routes, will leak the internal eigrp routes even if only the connected is an option (meaning will advertise any eigrp matched by the leak map). In a way, the leak-map bypasses the options for EIGRP routes
    • However, if the leak matches external (static redistributed) routes it will only leak them if the the corresponding option (static/redistributed) is configured.

Is this understanding correct?

Mario

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.INE.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx