GNS3 for CCNP

Hello

i am new to GNS3 and wondering if anyone knows where i can find router and switch IOS suitable for CCNP.

any response will be much appreciated

cheers

Babs

Comments

• Go to Cisco's site, you should be able to download some version of IOS code for your platform. I believe the IOS level for CCNP is 15.0 so try to get that level.

Follow this link, but choose like 15.0 or 15.1 and should be able to download it, it worked just now for me. The only router in GNS3 that supports 15.x code is the 7200 so that's the link is for.

Cisco Systems
    Help  Feedback Login Required Log In   to view your cart

Download Cart
    Preview by Yahoo

For the switches

Cisco Systems
    Help  Feedback Login Required Log In   to view your cart

Download Cart
    Preview by Yahoo

On Friday, July 10, 2015 2:26 PM, babsdegreat <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello

i am new to GNS3 and wondering if anyone knows where i can find router and switch IOS suitable for CCNP.

any response will be much appreciated

cheers

Babs

Internetwork Expert - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.internetworkexpert.com

• Hi Thank you guys for your help. it was really helpful. i have downloaded ios for 7200 and its working very well. still looking for a way to simulate the switches as the 12.x did not work. any way i have two 3750 switches and 1 2950 for the CCNp Switch lab.

thank you

Babs

• You can also use USB NICs and connect those to the switches directly.

• if u going to use GNS3 use it with IOU not IOS! to ran 20+ routers u will need iou image not ios!

• Hi everyone,

I've seen quite a few of you on this thread (and others) recommending that people use IOU with their GNS topologies.

To my knowledge, IOU (and L2IOU) is not publicly accessible but only available to certain Cisco customers.  So I'm left wondering, are the majority of you finding some "other" way to obtain these images (and if so...aren't you worried about any threatening viruses or something that may be associated with these non-Cisco sites where you're download the images)?  Or is there some way I don't know about for someone who is NOT a Cisco customer (i.e. a college student studying for their Cisco certification) to obtain a legitimate copy of this software.

I mainly bring this up because if someone is trying to use GNS and yet they don't have access to Cisco IOS images via the Cisco Download Center (because they're not a Cisco customer) I'd be wary of steering them towards sites that offer illegal copies of software that might also come with interesting "side effects" (i.e. worms, trojan horses, viruses, etc). For someone like this, might it not be better to rent time on rack rentals (INE. Cisco Learning Labs, etc) than recommend software that they can't obtain legally.

Your thoughts?

Keith