2nd and Probably Last Attempt For Awhile
1st attempt I passed TSHOOT and DIAG, but failed CONFIG. 2nd attempt I failed TSHOOT but passed DIAG and CONFIG. I don't think I have a 3rd attempt in me. Financially, physically, or mentally :-(
I need time to think what I'll do next.
For those getting ready to head to RTP, I've included some advice below:
1. Get a hotel that offers shuttle service. Hyatt and Holiday Inn/Hampton had free shuttles that took you where you needed to go so long as it was way too far away from the hotel. This is also useful when you need somewhere to grab food cus some areas don't have sidewalks and or nearby places to eat. So unless you want to risk overpriced hotel food (if any), find a place that has stuff nearby or at least a shuttle if you don't rent a car.
2. Get a hotel that offers breakfast. Sounds trite, but it's not. You need that food to fuel your brain for the exam. My first attempt I skipped it cus I was so nervous about being late. Bad move. I ran out of gas by the time config came around. Second time I had breakfast and didn't get tired at all during the lab.
3. Schedule your shuttle to take you to the lab at least 30 mins. before. If you have a car, allow yourself extra time in case you get lost.
4. Make sure your flight, if you have one, isn't too close to 4pm just in case you need to use max verification time. My flights out were at 6pm so leaving the lab at around 4:30 when the shuttle picked me up, I still had plenty of time to relax and grab a drink or two at the airport bar.
5. Unless you have a hardware problem, don't bother asking the proctor unless you need clarification with something. And unless you're doing Collab etc., you can rule out hardware problems anyways.
6. Don't reload anything. There's no need. The most you'll need to do is save your configs, end your session, and restart your PC, but even then don't do it without the proctor say so.
Hope this helps