VZW - Senior Network Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO
Senior Network Engineer
Sales Incentive: No
Job ID: 385732
Driving Requirements: No Driving Required
Full / Part Time: Full-Time
Security Clearance: No
Relocation Assistance: No
Location(s): USA-CO-Colorado Springs
Stay on the front lines of groundbreaking technology. We’re committed to a dynamic, ever-evolving infrastructure and the hard work it takes to keep our reliable network thriving. Help support the growing demands of an interconnected world.
Apply directly on our website: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/3887831-senior-network-engineer--23
This is a Network Data Engineering position that will be responsible for the engineering of LAN/WAN IP Data Center Networks, their support of the IP Multimedia Subsystem, and associated application services. The engineer must balance multiple projects in an environment with high performance expectations to be delivered on time and to specification.
***Work onsite in Colorado data center and report to management in Branchburg, NJ
The selected candidate will…
· Provide network engineering support for the Verizon Wireless WSN (Wireless Services Network), WVN (Wireless Voice Network), EDN (Engineering Data Network), RAN (Radio Access Network) VRFs and the Core next generation MPLS networks within the Verizon Wireless Network Equipment Centers.
· Develop innovative yet straight forward solutions while considering system, connectivity, IP addressing, financial, space, power, cooling and other applicable requirements.
· Acts as a leader of engineers, contractors and vendors within the data services working group.
· Lead efforts to provide networking solution deployment, and technical documentation for the VZW WAN, LAN, and Network Equipment Centers. Responsible for the consistent application of architecture standards for the IP Multimedia Subsystem Network designs, QOS policies, IP Architecture, MPLS L3VPN design, new wireless services network integration's, Network Equipment Center Ethernet switching and routing environments, MPLS backbone designs, and BGP / Internet connectivity architectures. Participate in forums and projects on the above and work with other Transport Systems teams to discuss and solicit feedback on the standard integration plans and method of procedures. Participate in designs with VZW security team to integrate new secured segments and transport systems security policies.
· Configure, support and create methods of procedure to implement IP/MPLS routers, Ethernet switches, and Server Load Balancer equipment to meet customer, network and project requirements.
· Perform network element audits to ensure proper alarming, network optimization, and configuration standards and best practices are in place.
· As networking issues are discovered, proactively offer guidance to Data Operations for issue resolution. Provide 4th tier technical support to Data Operations on all networking issues.
· Develop working relationships with internal organizations to foster better workflow and a great network service level results
· The individual will need to provide Management and network team with daily/weekly/monthly network status on an as needed basis
Cisco and/or Juniper certifications at the CCNP or JNCIP/JNCIS level or equivalent experience
· Strong project management skills required and ability to work in a team environment
· Minimum 5 years hands-on experience engineering, configuring, and troubleshooting routers, switches and related network equipment (including Cisco, Juniper, and/or F5 SLB Platforms) as well as engineering structured telephony / Ethernet cabling plant environments is required
· Minimum 5 years experience in data networking and telecommunications, including expert knowledge of TCP/IP and working “hands on” knowledge of MPLS, BGP, OSPF routing as well as Ethernet VLANs, Spanning Tree Protocol, TRILL, Fabric Path and network switching standards / best practices. Candidate must possess expert level IPv4/v6 address allocation / subnetting fundamentals, solid awareness of security impacts based on IP design, and the ability to work with project teams / vendors to learn new platforms, develop scalable IP designs, drive new feature roadmaps and integration.
· Strong understanding of the OSI Interconnect model and how it relates to the design and deployment of structured IP networks, content switching principles including global server load balancing techniques, advanced server health monitoring, functional knowledge of DNS, IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS), Session Initiation Protocol, 3G & 4G mobile gateway environments, and the ability to conceptualize application data flows.
· Strong analytic, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral) along with Ability to be intuitive and resourceful while handling multiple projects simultaneously are required.
· Proficient PC skills on Windows, MS Office, Project, Visio and Adobe Pro
· Working knowledge of Network Management, FCAPS Standards, SecureID, TACACS and radius desirable
· Must be able to lift 60 pounds
· Overnight travel may be required but will be less than 25% of your time (mainly for training / knowledge sharing). Other Remarks: Training will be provided on an as needed basis. Technical & Project Implementation presentations may be periodically required for Internal Operations and Engineering Departments
Equal Employment Opportunity
Verizon is a Federal Contractor
Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet