Getting Out Of the Military

Good Day all,

I have been a network operator in the Marines for 8 years and have built and maintained networks in Iraq, Afghanistan, and within the USA. Throughout my time in the Corps I have obtained multiple Cisco certifications and a degree in Information Technology. With the military being different than the Civilian sector would it be like starting over or would they respect the years I already have within the field? Networking is what I really enjoy doing and would like to provide for my Family the best I can, any advice would be welcomed.

Respectfully,

AntRal

Comments

• JoeMJoeM ✭✭✭

Maybe talked to Jeremy Stretch (packetlife.com).   He also came from a military background and did some tours.

• Where are you living? Had a buddy just get a job with HP working in the NMCI datacenter in Kansas City. If you are up for moving it sounds like they are hiring. And with your background you'd probably be a shoe in...

• Well, what do you want to do? If you have a clearance, DC has plenty of jobs for you. If not, then you should still be able to find many jobs around the area.

Where are you located?  If you are around DC or willing to move here, send me a PM or DM me on twitter. I can give you some pointers.

Enjoy.

Jay  (@jay25f)

• I worked most of my life in the Civilian sector and have moved over to the Military sector.  If you interested, we are interviewing for network positions that will require a security clearance.  With your background, you may find the work interesting

From: [email protected] [mailto:jo[email protected]] On Behalf Of AntRal
    Sent: Friday, May 29, 2015 2:16 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [IEOC JOBS] Getting Out Of the Military

Good Day all,

I have been a network operator in the Marines for 8 years and have built and maintained networks in Iraq, Afghanistan, and within the USA. Throughout my time in the Corps I have obtained multiple Cisco certifications and a degree in Information Technology. With the military being different than the Civilian sector would it be like starting over or would they respect the years I already have within the field? Networking is what I really enjoy doing and would like to provide for my Family the best I can, any advice would be welcomed.

Respectfully,

AntRal

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation
    http://www.INE.com

Subscription information may be found at:
    http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx

• many employers see military experience as a plus and I don't think you would have a lot to worry about coming in with the certs and experience/resume to back them up.

• What is the pay range I should be looking for with already said experience CCDP, CCNP, and almost done with my CCIE in NC?