in the DMVPN cloud on R5, we could use

R5#conf t

int gig1.45

ip ospf cost 1001

exi

router ospf 1

neighbor 155.1.0.1 cost 999

exi

I did this and in DMVPN, I could change the cost per-neighbor in point-to-multipoint nonbroadcast case 

of R5

----------------------------- the workbook, states that we cannot change the cost per neighbor in DMVPN cloud with point-to-mltipoint non-broadcast

any comments on this ?????????????????????

Comments

• JoeMJoeM ✭✭✭

It seems to me that I have done a similar lab that had a requirement like this.   It seems like a logical way to do it.  I would naturally use the individual neighbor statement if permitted by the network type.

How was your result with this?

• worked very well.

I am using GNS3.

• Hi Martinl,

how did you get the  line shown i nitalic underline Bold to show up ?????????

Neighbor Count is 1, Adjacent neighbor count is 1
        Adjacent with neighbor 150.1.4.4
         Cost in topology Base, MTID-0 is 99
      Suppress hello for 0 neighbor(s)

I do not get that to show up, I am using (I86BI_LINUX-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 15.2(4)M1

• in the section OSPF Path Selection with cost,

in the DMVPN cloud on R5, we could use

R5#conf t

int gig1.45

ip ospf cost 1001

exi

router ospf 1

neighbor 155.1.0.1 cost 999

exi

I did this and in DMVPN, I could change the cost per-neighbor in point-to-multipoint nonbroadcast case 

of R5

----------------------------- the workbook, states that we cannot change the cost per neighbor in DMVPN cloud with point-to-mltipoint non-broadcast

any comments on this ?????????????????????

In worbook they say use "ip ospf cost" at interface level.... anyway... you get the same result. By the way, the workbook speaks about R10 ... WTF??? i assumed that we were asked about R5 point of view since has DMVPN connection

Regards