Have you had positive experiences with recruiters?

Hey guys and gals,

What would you say has been your success rate with recruiters?  Past or present.  Personally, I've only had ONE success in my whole career about 13 years ago.  That was still a challenge.  DISCLAIMER: I'm not at all saying all recruiters are bad, but I am saying 95% of the ones I've dealt with are horrible.  Issues ranged from flat out lying, to not being prepared to interview me (even though they reached out to me), and in most cases just stringing me along.  I'm curious to hear how folks in other cities, states, and countries have done.

Comments

• I've had a number of successes, but I think if they contact you e.g. via LinkedIn after scanning through the online resume, the hit rate is going to a lot higher. Contacting recruiters to find a post, is probably the least likely to work, but I guess it could be different in some places. Somewhere between the two methods is applying for posts online. If time is on your side, listing on online sites, medium term apply to online job listings and if needing something new urgently then perhaps look for recruiters on linkedin that are already targeting other Cisco or CCIE's.

I guess there could be 100 different strategies.

Good luck.

• Recruiter’s don’t continuously lie, some do, but then for a second time what job doesn’t have individuals who lie? Either to recruit or to hide what is going on. I have been in the UK Essay Writing now for over five years, I treaty with recruiters all the stage. There are some who are cool, but few and far concerning. My recruiter was honest with me. Recruiters have a truly hard job and I have to proceeds my hat off to them, lots of hours and all lot of BS they treaty with.