Mock Lab 6 - Help!
well, I did pretty good at labs 3,4,5 but just got smacked down by this one. My lab is in a few days. Could you help me to understand the following:
exo 4.11: It says to throw a warning when we reach X routes redistributed FROm RIP into OSPF on R5. We redistribute BOTH RIP and EIGRP in ospf 1 on R5.
The guide says to configure "redistribute maximum-prefix" under ospf 1. I believe this is wrong as it will count BOTH RIP adn EIGRP routes.
What I did is to configure a second "blank" ospf process where I was redistributing only RIP and put the redistribute "maximun-prefix" only there.
5.3 Switch QoS: I totally missed this one, that is the one I am the more keen the get an explanation:
1. - The explanation was
"class-default is useless with MLS on Catalyst 3550, could you clarify?
2. - There is no global command "mls qos" configured on the solution, is this correct?
3. - Why is "mls qos trust dscp" configured on all the L2 ports in the solution?
edit: I think I found out:
1. I applied the policy-map to the SVI. This should have been done on ALL the L2 ports belonging to the VLAN (fa0/24 here)
2. "mls qos" MUST be configured, it was either in initial configs or is missing for the solution
3. due to mls qos, all dscp are now rewritten to "0", this behavior needs to be overriden by configuring "mls qos trust dscp" on ALL the ports.
11.1 BGP Peerings. The task more or less asks to build a GRE tunnel between SW1 adn R6 and pass all the traffic through it.
However, it is my understanding that 3550/3560 does not support tunnel termination? How to complete this task?
11.2 Very interesting one
Thanks in advance!